Evansville HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
Here's some info for fellow Evansville Dish subscribers. DirecTV has local HD channels for Evansville, IN, but Dish does not. So I emailed the three major networks around town and so far received the following responses from WVTW (FOX)

The first reply was:
"At this time I don't know when and if Dish is going to carry us in true HD they can't give me an answer. Sorry I couldn't be more help."

I sent a reply checking to see what he meant.
"My understanding is their not going to carry local HD for quite a while. All their doing now is down converting our digital to an analog format. I guess the expense of carrying all the locals HD nationwide is more than they can afford at this time. I'm sure sooner or later they will start."

Not the news I was wanting to hear. But hopefully one of the other networks will reply with some other information. I will update this thread if I get any more responses.

Here is another response I received from CBS WEVV 44:

"That's entirely up to Dish Network. We are supplying our HD signal to them. The next step is for them to get that signal to customers like you."

Got the response from NBC WFIE 14 -

[FONT=&quot]As we understand it…DISH is now taking our digital feeds of 14.1 and 14.2. Let me know if that isn’t true.[/FONT]

I am hoping that with the new 129 that they will start giving us the local HDs. Anyone hear of any new local roll outs? I emailed them back asking when they started accepting the digital feed as we don't have them yet.

I have been waiting and watching for HD Locals in our area with no luck. I have given much consideration to switching to Direct over this. Please keep posting here when you get new info. Also, let me know who I can email and where I can email them to complain. Maybe if we get the volume of complaints, we;ll see some results.

I have been waiting and watching for HD Locals in our area with no luck. I have given much consideration to switching to Direct over this. Please keep posting here when you get new info. Also, let me know who I can email and where I can email them to complain. Maybe if we get the volume of complaints, we;ll see some results.
Complaining is just complaining. I would not expect it till mid-late year.

The last email I got from WFIE (NBC) was she was going to email her contact at Dish about the status of this. I plan on following up with her next week to see if she has heard anything.

i thought evansville and paducah ky were scheduled for last year. it was on the map that dish had at last years ces. :rolleyes:

Paducah, KY got HD locals a few months ago. Evansville is still not listed with a 'coming soon' indicator on dish's website. Indianapolis and Columbus are expected within a few weeks. They are much bigger viewing areas and have been waiting just as long as Evansville. But, like mentioned above, with the new 129 satellite finally in place, more cities should hopefully start seeing HD-locals sooner rather than later.

Indianapolis and Columbus are expected within a few weeks. They are much bigger viewing areas and have been waiting just as long as Evansville.

First time I've posted here, so be gentle. I've been with Dish for about 10 years. We bought a big flat screen TV last year, thinking Dish would surely be carrying the Indianapolis locals in HD soon. At the time we bought our TV, we were told that they were "coming soon", so we stayed with Dish. As of Friday, when I call, all they tell me is that they don't have a scheduled date for it, and can't tell me anything. Even when I say that I am looking at other options, I can't get any information on if/when the Indy locals will ever be available in HD.

If they aren't here by the digital date in February, I will probably look at switching back to DirecTV. I'm just tired of waiting, and am taking that 'expected within a few weeks' with a grain of salt. I have been basically happy with Dish, but I'd love to see the locals in HD.

check out the uplink forum. indy locals have been uplinked to the new 129. im not sure how long it will be but hopefully soon. (sorry for typing the dreaded word)
you could search 'moving' in the mean time... ;)
hope this helps... im somewhat of a new guy myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)