Evansville, IN Fox programming

jestes23

Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Kentucky
When is Dish going to get Fox in evansville, IN dma. It has been 60 days or more, we missed the MLB all-star game, and now are on the door step of missing NFL games this weekend. The CBS affiliate is carrying FOX, but dish does not have the CBS sub contract. I am a local Dish retailer, and have been told nothing of what is going on with Fox. Shouldnt dish be able to carry fox distant local channel since there is no Fox in this area. Is there a number we can call and gripe, to either Dish or Fox to get this deal done.

We are still trying to negotiate with the local afilliate on a fair deal. I would be more than happy to post any updates as soon as we have any new information.

Shouldnt dish be able to carry fox distant local channel since there is no Fox in this area
nope. Because there is a Fox in the market you cannot get one imported...regardless if its carried by Dish or not

Is the Fox affiliate in Evansville owned by Granite Broadcasting?? Just wondering if this translates to the Fox programming in Fort Wayne also being uplinked.....possibly meaning they have reaches an agreement!

Is the Fox affiliate in Evansville owned by Granite Broadcasting?? Just wondering if this translates to the Fox programming in Fort Wayne also being uplinked.....possibly meaning they have reaches an agreement!

Nope, Evansville is owned by Nexstar, who used to own Ft. Wayne's.

they really didnt "drop" anything. The former Fox station is still up on Dish. The "new" Fox affiliate hasnt made an agreement with Dish yet. Directv does have the station though
my bad then, the op sounded like it had been dropped

FOX in Evansville, IN (WEVV 44.2) Now Available on Dish (Ch 45)

It appears that the carriage dispute between Dish and the owners of WEVV have been resolved. As confirmed by the uplink report from this afternoon, and my call to may parents in Evansville, FOX 44.2 is now active on Dish on channel 45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)