Everybody Loves The 922

I think it's awesome. The only complaint I have is that they didn't see the need to have TV2 be HD. Instead they left TV2 with the same so-so quality modulated NTSC output. This is the single biggest feature request I hear from customers.

Once again, they fail to make a TRUE dual tuner HD reciever. It only serves ONE HD television. Stupid stupid. They need to make upgradable receivers that allow you to put whatever tuners you want in it, whatever size hard drive you want in it, whatever size memory you want in it, and whatever board/compression technique they want to use in it, to make these fully upgradable and flexible. Maybe someday they will finally get it right. They could have just one model receiver out if they done this.

There is no way accepted by the broadcasters to send out TV2 in HD and stuff they have that is acceptable dosent work over long distances in the house.

However with that said with the new Monitor it outputs full HD to the monitor and is actually a third output for the 922. :)

There is no way accepted by the broadcasters to send out TV2 in HD and stuff they have that is acceptable dosent work over long distances in the house.

However with that said with the new Monitor it outputs full HD to the monitor and is actually a third output for the 922. :)

What if they remodulated it to ATSC? Wouldn't work for monitor only HDTVs, but it would work with most new ones.

The studios don't want it rebroadcast as ATSC, since many devices can record those signals and there is no copy protection. If you remember the Dish 5000 had a ATSC encoder module in it which would modulate HD to ATSC. The signal could then be recorded by DVHS.

Dish could easily offer ATSC but again the studios and broadcasters say no. Without them there is no Dish Network so Dish needs to play by their rules.

The studios don't want it rebroadcast as ATSC, since many devices can record those signals and there is no copy protection. If you remember the Dish 5000 had a ATSC encoder module in it which would modulate HD to ATSC. The signal could then be recorded by DVHS.

Dish could easily offer ATSC but again the studios and broadcasters say no. Without them there is no Dish Network so Dish needs to play by their rules.

I figured it had something to do with the Luddites running the studios. If they're so worried about that, couldn't they just use the so-called "broadcast flag" with ATSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)