Ex-ATT customer and online account login

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
OK, I need to confirm this. I unbundled my Dish/ATT account so I got a new account # with Dish Network. When I try to register my account online, I get this error message:

Your account is not recognized as a residential account. Your account information is not available online.

I've tried twice to solve this problem by calling Customer Service and both time they told me that ex-ATT customer cannot login online. Is this true? If that's the case, why do they still treat us like second class customers? :(

I unbundled my AT&T Dish account a few months ago and was able to set up an online account. I signed up by inputting only the receiver number and the account was recognized. Maybe try that instead of registering with the account number? Maybe you already tried that though....

I unbundled my AT&T Dish account a few months ago and was able to set up an online account. I signed up by inputting only the receiver number and the account was recognized. Maybe try that instead of registering with the account number? Maybe you already tried that though....

I tried all the R00 numbers in my account, nada. If you were able to create your login accout, I will continue bugging them (play CSR roulette) until they fix the problem.

Thanks.

I called Support and the tech answered "AT&T/Dish network". I explained I just unbundled and was trying to register online and was getting an error message. He confirmed that my account shows it is unbundled even though I get that error and the call was routed to an AT&T person. He said to wait a couple months for it to "go through several systems".

awcdish - About how long after unbundling were you able to register??

Cosmo - it did take a couple months to be able to register...around the same time I received my first Dish Network bill and new account number.

"About how long after unbundling were you able to register??"

That was gonna be my next question, thank you Cosmo and awcdish for answering the question. I think I'll just wait a little longer before I call.

I unbundled from AT&T almost 1.5 years ago and am still unable to register on DishNetwork dot com with the same error message. I've called customer support many times regarding this issue, however they never seem to be able to help!

Most recently I was told by both the representative as well as their manager that I would never be able to log in to their website (period, no exceptions)... What's the deal with that?

He told me that the reason is because some of the numbers in my account number actually identify the account as a former bundled account, and that the website does not allow any account with those numbers to register. He also told me that there was no way that they could change my account to a "normal" type of Dish account number, because by policy they have to have a way to identify my account as "formerly bundled."

Sounds kind of like a load of poo to me ... anyone else have similar experiences, and how did you get out of it?

I unbundled and was able to set up an online account. I did so immediately when I got my first paper bill; no issues.

Consider yourself lucky then. This is what I get when I tried a few minutes ago. Of course I removed the account # and information below before posting. :)

Attachments

• DishNetworkOnline.jpg
    DishNetworkOnline.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 201
I unbundled and was able to set up an online account. I did so immediately when I got my first paper bill; no issues.
I've already received and paid my first paper bill and still can't register. Like I noted above, I was told to wait a "couple months", which is almost here.

I recently called to make some programming changes and was told that because I'm still considered a bundled customer in their system I could not sign up for the .01 Cinemax but I could sign up for CC autopay. I had to explain to her that autopay would be worthless to me without online access....

When I called the other day, I asked the manager to send a request to have the software changed to allow for us to register online. He indicated that he was going to do this (I hope he actually did..) and also gave me an address to email to (probably same as on the website). I did get a response back today on this, but unfortunately the answer is similar to what I've been fed for over a year...

Thank you for your email. We do apologize for any inconvenience. Please understand at this time, only residential DISH Network customers who never had a bundled account with our business partners (Sprint, AT&T, Frontier, Valor, AllTel, Commonwealth/CTSI, TDS/Metrocom etc.) are allowed to set up their online accounts.

Thank you for your email. We do apologize for any inconvenience. Please understand at this time, only residential DISH Network customers who never had a bundled account with our business partners (Sprint, AT&T, Frontier, Valor, AllTel, Commonwealth/CTSI, TDS/Metrocom etc.) are allowed to set up their online accounts.

So give us a damn Dish Network account that works, we're not second class customers. We are now Dish Network customers. This is just bull $hit!

Anyone who has this same problem should send an email to FeedBack@customermail.dishnetwork.com and let them know that you are dissatisfied and would like to be able to use your account to log in at dishnetwork's website.

This is based on an email that I got in response to my latest inquiry:

Thank you for your email. We want to apologize for not meeting your expectations in customer service. We pride ourselves with providing each and every customer with a positive experience when contacting us. Feedback from our customers, both positive and negative, drives the quality of our customer service. It is apparent in our quest for providing our customers with world class customer service, we have fallen short. The decisions made are based on company policy. If we find that a policy is negatively impacting the majority of our customer’s satisfaction, that policy is scrutinized for effectiveness. Again, we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this issue.

So basically, he didn't really answer the question except to say that if there are more people complaining about it, only then would they consider taking any action. At least that is what I'm reading into it... ?

I got this message the other day inquiring about Indianapolis HD locals:

If you contact AT&T and have the account unbundled then you will be issued a direct DISH Network account number. This will allow you to put the account on a seasonal downgrade while you are on vacation. If you commit to another year then the upgrade to the new DISH would be free of charge. When the HD locals do become available feel free to contact me and we can set up the order.

Thank you

Matt Kliewer
Executive Communications
DISH Network L.L.C
Phone – (720) 514-****
E-mail: Matt.Kliewer@dishnetwork.com
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 9-5:30 MT

i am having the same problem and it is VERY fustrating. I have been a customer for 10 yrs but when i bundled my account last month to get my att employee discount now I am not able to log in online to manage my account any any records of my previous 10 yr service has vanishied as i have a new ATT/Dish account # and am a commercial account. This is odd as nothing on my side changed hardware wise.I have contacted dish several times and apparently this is policy and they cant help me. They keep sending me in circles to other departments. :mad:

Take the following with a grain of salt. I talked to an ATT Dish CSR tonight about Indianapolis HD locals. He told me only two channels will be lit up in March and the other two within three months. He did not mention which two are coming in March. Also, he said a message will be displayed when they will be available and the need to call if you do not see them, as a new dish will be needed. He also told me that ATT will probably offer the same upgrades as Dish in the future. I think he did not want me to unbundle and go with Dish. He did say I also had the option of going with ATT Direct when I mentioned Direct offers six Indianapolis local HD channels now. ATT Direct is offering a $28/mo rebate for 12 months on its Premier service, which is like the Everything Pack with Dish, I think. Now I am in a quandry as to what to do. Any suggestions?