Excellent DISH Technical Issue Experience

toddhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Lancaster, WI
I read a lot in this forum about all the bad experiences people have with Dish. I sometimes think people have signed up for this forum just to complain. So I thought I'd share a positive experience. I had a 211k that was sending all kinds of messages (Smart card not authorized, programming not authorized and a myriad of other things). After 4 calls with patient DISH reps trying everything they could think of, they finally decided to ship me a new receiver at no charge. Now, to be fair, they made a mistake and shipped me a 622. I called Tech support again as I feared that if they activated this receiver they would charge me more. I was right... the tech immediately had a 211k overnighted to me. Once I received the 211k yesterday I hooked it up and called DISH to activate. Once again, trouble ensued. I spent over an hour on the phone as they had person after person try and figure out the issues but they couldn't get the receiver to activate. They finally scheduled a free tech visit to my house. The tech found that the input cable had gone bad and fixed the issue in 15 minutes.

Obviously we'd all like everything to go 100% well 100% of the time. This one was difficult to pinpoint but every Dish person I worked with was very pleasant and patient and I had fun visits with all of them - every one of them apologized for the issues. Yes it took a while but sometimes that happens. My thanks to everyone at Dish for their patience and pleasant approach.
Todd Wenndt

How dare you post a positive response here. People will start thinking you're a Dish fanboy now. Didn't you know that Dish is bad and led by evil Charlie Ergen?

Obviously I'm joking. It's nice to see the positive posts on here from time to time so others can get an accurate sense of how a company is, not just Dish.

It is good to hear that they got everything working for you, and even though you had to talk to so many reps overall it was a good experience. It's something that we definitely like to see as well, have a good weekend!

I read a lot in this forum about all the bad experiences people have with Dish. I sometimes think people have signed up for this forum just to complain. So I thought I'd share a positive experience. I had a 211k that was sending all kinds of messages (Smart card not authorized, programming not authorized and a myriad of other things). After 4 calls with patient DISH reps trying everything they could think of, they finally decided to ship me a new receiver at no charge. Now, to be fair, they made a mistake and shipped me a 622. I called Tech support again as I feared that if they activated this receiver they would charge me more. I was right... the tech immediately had a 211k overnighted to me. Once I received the 211k yesterday I hooked it up and called DISH to activate. Once again, trouble ensued. I spent over an hour on the phone as they had person after person try and figure out the issues but they couldn't get the receiver to activate. They finally scheduled a free tech visit to my house. The tech found that the input cable had gone bad and fixed the issue in 15 minutes.

Obviously we'd all like everything to go 100% well 100% of the time. This one was difficult to pinpoint but every Dish person I worked with was very pleasant and patient and I had fun visits with all of them - every one of them apologized for the issues. Yes it took a while but sometimes that happens. My thanks to everyone at Dish for their patience and pleasant approach.
Todd Wenndt
Glad you were fortunate enough to be born with that rare "patience" gene.;)

I have positive experience with dish network almost everyday. I couldn't be happier with my system it is state of the art. It has worked perfectly everyday since they installed until I got the great idea to stick an OTA adapter into it, Dish came removed OTA adaptor, perfection has come back. What they did was perfection when installing my system they needed a little help but mine is not standard so I had to provide the diagram from halo but I couldn't be happier. A++++++ (Now watch something blow up that I put this in writing) LOL

Last edited:
Glad you were fortunate enough to be born with that rare "patience" gene.;)

IMO, when dealing with any type of customer service, patience is the way to go, after all it is another person at the end of the line. Show respect, make them feel comfortable w/ you and rest will play out fine. Besides, no one wants to talk at an ass...someone calls me up on my office line and yells at me, I just hang up.

I can add to this.... Well, it started with a bit of a negative situation: Our 722k got stupid (no HDD error messages, just decided it wanted to reboot itself endlessly). This was on Thursday evening. I've been holding out for OTA on the Hopper and since it's now (technically) available, I decided instead of replacing the 722k with another one, move to a H/J. I contacted Zach via PM but then noticed his shift was over, so I got in touch with Mary. She checked everything (ironically, we did no troubleshooting - she took my word for everything) account-wise and told me the details, cost, etc. Friday morning I PM'd her back to proceed. Saturday afternoon, I had a Hopper and Joey installed !

Not me :p I've been around this site a few years... (holy crap - 8 years !) I've learned it's not a wise idea to jump on Dish equipment right away unless you want to be an unpaid beta tester ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)