Just upgraded to the hopper

baydog

Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
United States
I just upgraded to the hopper from the Vip 622. I was considering switching to Time Warner Cable or Fiber optics television. I was considering Time Warner because i think they have ESPNU and ESPNews in HD. I actually had Cinti Bell Fioptics TV scheduled to be installed until i read so many negative reports of their service. Everybody says their whole home dvr system blows chunks. The online salesman tried to tell me there was no contract but on their website on the fine print it says 2 year contract for online ordering. I told him that and he try to tell me even though i was ordering online because it was though him a human being taking the order it was not technically online so no 2 year contract. Not believing his BS i canceled the Fioptics installation. I called Dish network and received a free upgrade to the Hopper system with a $15 month discount to keep me away from Time Warner which i was seriously thinking of doing. I received the 2 hopper 3 joey setup. I am Pleasantly surprised with the whole home DVR system. I have 3 Western Digital Mybook hard drives with tons of recorded movies and programs from my 622 DVR. I hooked them up to my hoppers and was surprised i can access them anywhere in my home with the joeys. I was also surprised how fast i can access the programs off the external hard drives. No lag time at all and the content on the external hard drives load up immediately. Only thing i miss is an OTA tuner not being integrated with the hopper but i can wait until usb digital OTA tuners are restocked. I am glad i stayed with Dish.

RE your EHDs. There is a current bug in the last two software versions that MIGHT lose it (them) after nightly update. You just need to power off/on the EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)