Exchange Receiver for DVR

CharlesH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
NC
I have a standard 2nd receiver. I called customer service and asked if I could exchange this receiver for a standard DVR receiver. The CSR told me it would cost $25 for them to ship it. I have to ship the other back at my expense. I would also have to agree to a 2 year commitment. Does this sound right? Is there anything that can be done to avoid the charge or (especially) the agreement?

I have a standard 2nd receiver. I called customer service and asked if I could exchange this receiver for a standard DVR receiver. The CSR told me it would cost $25 for them to ship it. I have to ship the other back at my expense. I would also have to agree to a 2 year commitment. Does this sound right? Is there anything that can be done to avoid the charge or (especially) the agreement?
Yes, it all sounds right and is status quo.

If you don't want the new commitment, look for a 508 on ebay. Just be sure to get the smart card number and receiver number from the seller and check with E* to be sure the receiver can be activated prior to actually purchasing. I shipped something about the size and weight of a receiver the other day via UPS and the shipping was around $7 iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts