Exclusive News: Starz HD - January Movies in HD!

Starz-HD: Top Gun in HD?

I just turned to Starz-HD on channel 261. It looks like the movie is in HD with very weird aspect ratio. Showing very small black bars top and bottom (like half an inch) and on the left side a small black bar like 1/8 of an inch. Wondering if you are seeing the same? This movie was supposed to be only in SD and yet I think is HD. It does not look like an upconvert. If you miss it now in three hours it will be shown again in Starz-HD 262.

Starz-HD: Gangs of New York in HD tonight? No...

Will it show up in HD or SD? Top Gun was supposed to be in SD only and it was HD this afternoon and it's showing now in HD on channel 262. So let's see what happens 15 minutes to premiere.

HDTV where available it stated in the beginning and yet presented in SD :evil: Damn Starz when are you going to learn!!!

The only way is to give them a call.

Corporate Headquarters
8900 Liberty Circle
Englewood, Colorado 80112
Main Phone: (720) 852-7700
Main Fax: (720) 852-7710

I did but I got no response about this problem...

Daylight is showing in HD to my surprised on channel 262! I also read the Reign of Fire was shown in something other than 4x3 but the person was not sure whether he was seeing it in HD OAR or an upconvert.

I know that this is an old thread but I have to speak up about this. Red Dragon is being played right now on Starz-HD (dolby digital) but not in HD. While not the best of the series, it shoud at least be shown in OAR. From what I have seen, movies on Starz-HD that are not HD are usually displayed in widescreen. I have not had any major problems with Starz-HD since ordering Voom, but showing this recent of a movie in 4x3 is a crime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)