Existing Customer D500 to Eastern Arc Upgrade Questions

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I am an existing 8 year customer with a Dish 500, DPP44, 3-301 and 1-625 receivers all leased. I was thinking about switch to HD. Back before my locals came up on HD, i was just going to add a wing dish at 61.5 as there would be no way to get LOS for 129 through some trees. Now that my HD locals are available(Cincinnati) i was thinking about upgrading to HD soon. Cincy HD locals are only available on 72.7 which would force Dish to upgrade me to Eastern arc and EA requires MPEG4 receivers. Anyone ever gone through this drastic of an "upgrade" with regards to equipment. I know that Dish has a limit on receiver upgrades at one time so i do not know what their position is on upgrading my entire set up to switch to HD. My last upgrade was over 2 years ago when i upgraded from a 501 to 625.

With a ViP 612 DVR and three 211k single-tuner recievers, you're still at only four tuners (the 612 only counts as one). They'd probably upgrade the dish and a 612 for free. You can buy the 211k from DishStore.net for $169, just so you know, but that'd be a $507 investment on your part.

Ask them first to upgrade all of your equipment for free, and if they don't say, "Sure, right away," then tell them that DirecTV has offered to do your four-room install for free. That should change their tune. Don't let them try go get away with installing two 722s, either. Insist on HD in every room, because that's what DirecTV would do.

I am sure i could press the point to get them to pay for most if not all of the upgrade..my thing is...to know how long to push dish before i get all the equipment free...just wondered if anyone else had the same scenario or not and how far Dish would be will to go to foot the bill. I really do not need HD in every room but Dish and their "requirements" for equipment on Eastern arc and the fact that my local hd channels are only on an eastern arc satellite is forcing me to upgrade all my receivers which is not my problem. Believe me, i went through an upgrade nightmare the last time with one receiver...not looking forward to the entire system being replaced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)