existing DHP customers getting shafted on the 811

Called the exec. number and got the 811 for $199. That is definitely the number to call if you are on the DHP. Getting the 811 and a second dish installed on Dec. 9th

Thanks ddeeble for the phone number.

Thank you Thank you ddeeble :D

I just got off the phone after calling the number to the Exec office.

I am a DHP customer and got the 811 for $149. They are also going
to install the 2nd dish for free and all this Friday.

These guys are so much better than the normal CSR. The Exec new the
answer to every question I had and the answers where not some
script they where reading.

I am so excited. I got a new TV 6 months ago and have been waiting to
get HD. I hope I am not disappointed

Again thanks to ddeeble :D

Man I bet the guys in the Exec office are hating me this week. :)

Im just trying to help folks get the most from their satellite systems. :D

:evil: Man that stinks! Glad Iam going to be a new customer due to I get the SuperDish and the 811 and 301 for free! When I sign up for a year I pay a 49.99 credit and get first 3 months free so I will probally sign up for the Top 150 plus HD channels!

Hey Scott we love you man 8)

The guy at the Exec office was very laid back and
just seemed to take it all in strid. He was more
than happy to help.

Don't worry about it :D They just made a happy
customer and that is what it is all about

Glad I could help! E* has themselves one happy customer here. Talking to the reps in the exec office is a whole different experience compared to calling the regular CSR's - I had them look up whether they would be offering INHD (not yet, but he said they are really trying to expand the HD Pack so keep your fingers crossed) and the level of knowledge and willingness to work with you was MILES above anything I had expected. E* is not taking the 6000u back, so now I have two HD receivers for less than what I had expected to pay for one! Hopefully, E* will see the pattern here (offer upgrade, deny DHP, executive office phones start ringing, offer upgrade to DHP anyway) and will include us right from the start. Until then, I don't mind making the call!

Well said ddeeble.

I have been checking my Dish online account and the charges have not
showed up. Little worried I guess I just need to be wait and see.

Supposed to be installed on Friday

Kevin_Texas - the account info on the website isn't in realtime so you will probably have the 811 installed by the time it shows up in there! :D When I did the 6000u they billed it to my account, but I went ahead and paid for the 811 up front.

By the way, I waited almost two YEARS before getting the 6000u last month (no way I could justify $600+ for a handful of channels). In the last year all the local Sacramento stations began broadcasting in HD OTA, making it more tempting, but the price was still a killer. When I saw the 6000u deal, I jumped on it and I tell you what - you will NOT be disappointed. It really is like looking through a window as opposed to watching regular TV. The level of detail is nothing short of incredible and I found myself watching shows I really had no interest in just because they looked so good! One warning - SD channels will be a bit of a downer after you've had HD.

well, here is the deal. i called them (the exec office) back, and spoke with lady who said that while she could get me an 811 for $199 (w/ 1 yr committment) that when the installer came, i'd have to give him back my "primary" receiver, my dish pvr 501!

it never ends :)

did they say anything about giving up your pvr to you guys?

Nope, didn't have to give them anything back. Are they putting the 811 on your DHP as opposed to buying it outright? I am voluntarily giving them back a 301 because I don't have a use for it. I was also told no time commitment or programming level was necessary. I am keeping my 6000u (which I bought during last month's special) and the 501 that is currently on my DHP. I would try calling back - sounds like a "how bad do you want it" kind of move...

yeah, thats what i thought.

no, she wasn't putting it on my DHP, it would be me owning it. what i was offered was $199 w/ 1 year commitment of AT50 or higher AND giving up my primary receiver (pvr 501). i've been a customer for over a year and a half and am out of my 1 year commitment.

i'm on hold in queue for the executive office right now, i'll see if i get yet ANOTHER story. *gasp*

SUCCESS!

ddeeble you were right! another rep at the exec office was able to make the deal happen *without* giving up my pvr 501. our 811 install is scheduled this friday.

after being feed with a pelethora of misinformation and bulls#*t, i'm glad it's finally over and done. if it wasn't for these forums, not only would i not have gotten the $199 deal, i wouldn't have got one peroid because none of my local retailers had them, or wanted to deal with "existing customers".

thanks again!

ddeeble

I cannot wait to check out the OTA HD. I have heard it is pretty good here in Dallas area. What type and brand of antenna do you use?

javajedi

I know how it feels to finally get all done.
Mine will also be on Friday

I called ALL day to Dish with no success at getting an 811! Then with one call at the Dish Exec number (866 443-5162) and I'm all set to go with the 811 to be installed on Wednesday! And to think I put up with a couple of those rude CSR's today. I feel like calling them back and letting them know that there IS a deal for DHP customers.... then I'd laugh like a maniac and hangup. But I won't do that. I'm just happy that I got a deal on the receiver. I paid fifty bucks more ($199) but it's worth it.
Bubba04

It does not make sense why you would have to return a receiver to them if you are under DHP leasing them. Is this an exclusive ClubDish number or something? What is it intended for? It would be great to have some better customer service with nicer people that were more knowledgable and more willing to help you out.

I had some of the worst service EVER this year, sending me a remanufactured 301 when I was supposed to get a 721 when getting the 721 replaced, them shipping to the wrong address, charging me for 2 508's and now shipping them to me, hanging up on me, being disrespectful, etc.

Kevin_Texas - I live about 15-20 miles (flat terrain, no tall buildings between us) from the HD broadcast tower here in Sacramento, so I could practically use a wire coathanger! The first antenna I tried was a MegaWave MV-1A (amplified, VHF/UHF) indoor antenna and it did a pretty good job (60+ on most channels). Last night I installed a Silver Sensor (RCA or Zenith I think makes it, non-amplified, UHF only) and am getting fantastic reception - 75+ on all channels with no dropouts. The Silver Sensor is pretty directional so you have to play with it for a few minutes to find the "sweet spot". I used Antennaweb.org to find the location of the broadcast tower and determined that all my HD channels are UHF. I really didn't want to use an outdoor antenna if I didn't have to, and the Silver Sensor is picking up every HD channel from it's location in the middle of my house, so I'm pretty pleased!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)