existing DHP customers getting shafted on the 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

javajedi

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Apparently those of us existing customers on the Digital Home Plan are getting shafted on the 811. E* treats us as second class citizens. I've called several times and each time they basically say go pound sand, you are not eligable for an upgrade. I said look, ok I will be more than glad to do a 1 year or 2 year commitment, or even CCA -- but it doesn't matter!

All I want to do is get this as a Christmas gift for my family. They won't even let you buy it directly from them because were are on the DHP. They won't do anything for us. And speaking to supervisors about this has been complete futile endeavor. I'm over speaking to them.

PS: Anyone have a number or a contact at E* corporate?

Email CEO@ECHOSTAR.COM

I heard yesterday that DHP customers we going to be let in on the offer but I guess that has not happened yet. (They opened the 6000 offer up for DHP customers last time as well)

Dish Network DOES appear to be listening. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Email CEO@ECHOSTAR.COM

I heard yesterday that DHP customers we going to be let in on the offer but I guess that has not happened yet. (They opened the 6000 offer up for DHP customers last time as well)

Dish Network DOES appear to be listening. :)

I don't think they ever opened up the 6000 deal to DHP customers.

I called close to 10 times in the last 2 months, and they always told me "NO". I tried going up the ladder, and getting irate, as well as being nice about it. The always said it was not available for DHP customers.

I'm betting they shut us out of the 811 deal too.

I am a DHP customer and just got off the phone with a CSR. They would not sell me at 811. :evil: They told me to buy from local retailer. I tried
to explain that I got all my hardware from Dish. The said oh well. If I want I just send it all back to them. This sucks.

This is so sad. I trying to spend money by getting a HD receiver and HD package and they don't want. It's not like trying to upgrade a 6000u.
I currently do not have a HD receiver.

Well if you send an email to the CEO then you will get a call in less than 30 mins and will get a 811.

People have reported getting the deal last time on the 6000 who were DHP customers.

Again it dont hurt to send an email.

The squeeky wheel always gets the greese. :D

I know everyone is anxious to get the 811 ASAP, but giving Dish a day or so to work out the bugs would probably lead to a lot less aggravation. The memo probably arrived at the CSRs today... let the others work out the bugs for you.

You only needed to send one email . Cause after 1 email someone will call you back at your home number. So if your at work now you will find a message on your answering machine when you get home. good Luck

ROLLTIDE,

I only sent a 2nd email giving all of my account and home/work
numbers.

mike123abc,
The 811 came out on Monday you would think 3 days would be
enough. Dish still has crappy CSR. It's not the CSR fault but
the fact that Dish does not inform them. What a bad way to run
a company. I know mine would be out of business tomorrow

The 811 came out on Monday you would think 3 days would be
enough. Dish still has crappy CSR. It's not the CSR fault but
the fact that Dish does not inform them. What a bad way to run
a company. I know mine would be out of business tomorrow

I agree it would seem like after the 6000 disaster them would have learned there lesson

Got the 811 for $149 today and I'm DHP!

Just got off the phone with Dish and I got the 811 installed for $149 and I am a DHP customer (been with Dish for about 3 years). They also offered to install a second dish for free since I purchased the local channels package a while back and Univision is transmitted on the 61.5/148 satellite. They even offered to obtain the waiver for me to get the CBS-HD West Coast feed for free! I had to call the executive offices, not the regular CSR's, to get it - the rep was knowledgeable, friendly and did a fantastic job of hooking me up. I got the 6000u w/ 8vsb for $149 special a month ago, so now I have two HD receivers for less than I ever thought I'd pay to get HDTV. I see lots of postings about Dish treating us DHPers like second-class citizens, but so far I've found that with a little pushing, they'll come through for us.

The number I called was 1-866-443-5162. There is a pool of reps that take the calls and they seem to have FAR more leeway in cutting deals. Sorry I didn't post the number on my original post. Good luck!

yeah, i called that number too and spoke to a real intelligent person this time. he said that for existing DHP customers, there will be an offer out on Friday, and to give him a call back at that same number (866) 443-5162

finally, some answers! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)