exotic animals in Ohio escape farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand the public safety issue, but killing these animals is senseless. You would think professionals with dart guns to sedate the animals would be a solution, then move them to an appropriate place. IMO it is a low ball sleazy tactic from the people in charge.

Seen a clip on news this evening that 1 of the sheriffs deputies stated that 1 of the animals he shot appeared to be aggressive.
Ok take me out of my man cave & put me in unfamiliar surroundings & there's a high probability I'd become defensive or even aggressive. This whole story is just appalling.

I completely understand the public safety issue, but killing these animals is senseless. You would think professionals with dart guns to sedate the animals would be a solution, then move them to an appropriate place. IMO it is a low ball sleazy tactic from the people in charge.

They actually had veterinarian staff from the Columbus Zoo and The Wilds (Wildlife preserver) on site to try to sedate the animals. The veterinarian actually defended the law enforcement shooting of the animals. There had to be much more than what we are being told especially since people that have given their life to saving animals are defending the killings. I do agree that this was very tragic but the true blame is the owner of the animals that committed suicide after letting them out. There is also still a monkey on the lose that has Herpes B. Herpes B is very dangerous to humans.

Not only that, but if any of them are endangered species, that sheriff could be looking at a whole list of federal felonies.

They initially tried tranquilizers, but according to Jack Hannah, the tranqs take 10-15 minutes to work.

This was a terrible situation, but ultimately human life needs to be put ahead of animal life. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup call to our fearless leaders in Columbus, and we'll get some stricter regulations regulations about keeping wild animals as pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)