Expected VIP 722

rspainhower

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
I had HD install done Sunday and was told by the CSR i would be getting a 722 for $100. I payed the $100 but the installer put a 622 in. Should I call Dish and try to get the 722 for $25 more or should I keep the 622?

I had HD install done Sunday and was told by the CSR i would be getting a 722 for $100. I payed the $100 but the installer put a 622 in. Should I call Dish and try to get the 722 for $25 more or should I keep the 622?

When the installer arrived with the 622, you should have told him " no it is a 722" and for him to call dish. The same thing happened to me, the installer told me " i have a 722 but it will cost you $50.00 more". I told him to call dish as i had already paid for the 722 and if they didnt give me the promised 722 for no additional cost, he could leave without doing anything and i will get with dish. ( i also gave him the confirmation # and the csr name just incase)
Well dish told him to give me the 722, for no extra charge and it was settled.
Now you will have to fight with dish and probably have to have another installer show up at your house.

I called and fought with the first CSR. Then got transfered to a Supervisor. She got me the 722 for the $25 extra it would have been in the first place.

The first CSR told me that there is a new Federal Mandate that Recordings on DVR's will automatically be deleted after 24 hours. I think she was full of crap. Anybody heard of that?

I called and fought with the first CSR. Then got transfered to a Supervisor. She got me the 722 for the $25 extra it would have been in the first place.

next time don't let them install anything. not until you get what you agreed to. i don't know when the csr's are going to get better but it's just really bad right now.

For PPV movies it is. There's another thread or two on here somewhere about this, DRM it's called.

24 hours after you start watching it. I think it'll stay unwatched on your DVR for something like 30 days.

Calling it a Federal Mandate is a bit much. It's a studio decision, allowed by law/regs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)