Expensive 1000+ install

scooby2

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2005
Chicago, IL
Isn't the 1000+ supposed to be free or cheap for Detroit and the other 118 markets? I'm feeling like a total pos cause I had my Aunt/Uncle get the 1000+ so they could get HD locals for their 622. OTA is not an option due to heavy foliage. Dish charged $99.95 for the "antenna" and also charged for the DPP44 that I sold them (bought two off Ebay for like $100 a piece).

Had my Aunt email CEO last Tuesday and no response. India gives them no love and the HD super secret number says they have to talk to billing. I'm sure we can get the dpp44 fee taken off since that is owned (have receipts) but the antenna should be free imo with 12 month contract.

Any tips? I feel like a total knob. They were told free install/free antenna/no cost period when they called to order. Of course no notes placed on the account.

scooby2 said:
Isn't the 1000+ supposed to be free or cheap for Detroit and the other 118 markets? I'm feeling like a total pos cause I had my Aunt/Uncle get the 1000+ so they could get HD locals for their 622. OTA is not an option due to heavy foliage. Dish charged $99.95 for the "antenna" and also charged for the DPP44 that I sold them (bought two off Ebay for like $100 a piece).

Had my Aunt email CEO last Tuesday and no response. India gives them no love and the HD super secret number says they have to talk to billing. I'm sure we can get the dpp44 fee taken off since that is owned (have receipts) but the antenna should be free imo with 12 month contract.

Any tips? I feel like a total knob. They were told free install/free antenna/no cost period when they called to order. Of course no notes placed on the account.

I was also charged 99.95, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they took it off...I was told when I upgraded to HD Bronze that it would come with a 1000+ to receive all HD programming including locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)