Expiring Affiliate Master List?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw it and I am so far east of the transmitter that I cant get a good signal OTA. Back in the day when I lived in a mobile home I had to open the door to let channel 3 in! Hope they fix it cause Big Bang and How I Met Your Mother are big must sees in our house.

LMAO :D :D :D :up

A few Raycom stations agreeing

OWNERS OF KHNL/K5 AND KGMB REACH AGREEMENT TO SECURE THE FUTURE OF TELEVISION PROGRAMMING AND ITS THREE STATIONS IN HAWAII

I just copied this, I'm not responsible for the YELLING part of it. :)

Fox 6 in Birmingham just posted on their app (I can't copy it) that Raycom agreed and signed the agreement and sent it to Direct to sign. Does sound promising.

Copied from CBS WTOL 11 website in Toledo, Ohio:

"Important notice for DirecTV subscribers
We have provided DirecTV a signed copy of an agreement that will allow continued carriage of this station to DirecTV subscribers into 2014. We are awaiting their signature."

Not sure how long that statement has been on their site.

We have provided DirecTV a signed copy of an agreement that will allow continued carriage of this station to DirecTV subscribers into 2014. We are awaiting their signature."

Cool, good to hear.
Like I said, they USUALLY get done.

Edit: more info.

Important notice for DirecTV subscribers

Raycom Media, this station's parent company, has been in good faith negotiations with DirecTV to ensure the continued availability of this television station and the popular news and entertainment programs you enjoy on DirecTV.

Raycom has agreed in writing to substantially all the terms mutually negotiated to keep this station on DirecTV's service. Raycom has sent DirecTV a signed agreement for DirecTV to execute. We are awaiting DirecTV's signature on the agreement.

Last edited:

2014 isn't that far off. Is that a contract to continue broadcasting while in negotiations, or the actual new contract? If the latter, that's just a suspension of the current bull crap for the next three years.

2014 isn't that far off. Is that a contract to continue broadcasting while in negotiations, or the actual new contract? If the latter, that's just a suspension of the current bull crap for the next three years.

I have no idea, as I just got the info from the WTOL website. As I read it, it is the new contract. Again I do not know for sure.

3 updates
khq has to announce and extension, but their related station from Yakima has announced they are now going to be on Directv through January 15.
Extension for KNDO/DirecTV negotiations - KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

The other station block affecting Eastern Washington come to find out affects are much larger audience than previously thought. Northwest broadcasting formally Stainless broadcasting which includes.
are set to expire on 12/31. They are now putting video are there sites about this. THese stations look like they will go down at midnight tonight from Directv.
update: khq has also been extended to January 15, 2011.
see article below on Northwest broadcasting.

Last edited:
DIRECTV Completes Six Retransmission Deals; Northwest Broadcasting Only Station Owner to Black Out Local Channels in Attempt to Extract Outrageous 600% Increase - Yahoo! Finance
DIRECTV Completes Six Retransmission Deals; Northwest Broadcasting Only Station Owner to Black Out Local Channels in Attempt to Extract Outrageous 600% Increase

DIRECTV Concludes Successful Deals with Hearst, Granite, Gannett, Red River Broadcasting, KLAS-TV and Sarkes-Tarzian Broadcast Groups but Northwest Refuses Requests to Keep Channels Up While Talks Continue or For Arbitration Leaving Its Viewers in the Lurch

Press Release Source: DIRECTV On Friday December 31, 2010, 7:46 pm

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV sharply rebuked Northwest Broadcasting today for attempting to “extort” a more than 600 percent fee increase to carry its local channels and forcing DIRECTV to take down broadcast networks in five markets. DIRECTV asked Northwest to keep the channels up while negotiations continued or bring the issue to arbitration to avoid any programming disruption to its customers, but Northwest refused and demanded the channels be taken down.

The Northwest blackout will take place at midnight PT tonight, affecting DIRECTV customers in Binghamton, N.Y.; Medford, Ore.; Yakima and Spokane, Wash.; and Laredo, Texas.

“We are appalled by the irresponsible behavior of Northwest Broadcasting, which has decided they would rather deprive our customers of their local channels, than make even an honest and good faith attempt to reach a fair deal in contract negotiations,” said DIRECTV’s Chairman, CEO and President Mike White. “For local broadcast station owners to brazenly hold viewers hostage in an attempt to extort fees that are astronomically higher than what we pay other local broadcasters is flat out wrong. We hope that Northwest will ultimately come to the table in good faith to discuss reasonable terms and fees and they will quickly restore programming to our customers.”

He added, “I am sitting at the negotiating table with hundreds of thousands of my customers right behind me. Not a single one of them wants to pay a 600% price increase.”

DIRECTV agreed to pay Northwest a fair market price increase that was consistent with fees it negotiated in other recently concluded contract talks for local broadcast channels. In the past weeks alone, DIRECTV was able to come to a fair deal with broadcast groups Gannett, Granite, Hearst, Red River Broadcasting, KLAS-TV and Sarkes-Tarzian, affecting millions of DIRECTV customers.

DIRECTV also pointed out that broadcasters like Northwest have been granted a number of special privileges by the federal government including free use of the public airwaves and have a responsibility to consumers to provide access to their content.

“We believe Northwest has now brazenly abused that privilege when they attempt to manipulate consumers through channel blackouts and threats in order to force their unreasonable demands on distributors like DIRECTV,” said White. “And just as broadcasters have a responsibility to protect their viewers from programming disruptions, we have an obligation to protect our customers from unwarranted and outrageous fee increases that further drive up the costs of our programming services and create economic pressure on consumers at a time when they can ill afford it.”

DIRECTV noted that the tenor of contract discussions with station owners has changed dramatically in recent years and has seen an increasingly belligerent attitude among broadcasters who are demanding unprecedented fee hikes and threatening blackouts.

While this is of great concern to DIRECTV and other distributors, it has not escaped the attention of the Federal Communications Commission or members of Congress in Washington. The FCC said it will begin the process of examining how to protect customers from the kind of behavior displayed by Northwest and other station owners, who have been involved in contentious contract negotiations this past year. DIRECTV intends to bring Northwest’s egregious behavior to the attention of the Federal Communications Commission when it begins its review of retransmission rules this year.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)