Explorer App won't find my Hopper

rdale

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2012
Lansing, Michigan, United States
I have a DIR-626L router, and about once in every 100 times I start the Explorer app it finds it. After I tell it to link, the app crashes. Restarting tells me I have no Hopper on the network, even though it works just fine in the Dish Anywhere app. 99 tries later it finds the Hopper and crashes.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a DIR-626L router, and about once in every 100 times I start the Explorer app it finds it. After I tell it to link, the app crashes. Restarting tells me I have no Hopper on the network, even though it works just fine in the Dish Anywhere app. 99 tries later it finds the Hopper and crashes.

Any thoughts?

If you can't see the hopper from the pairing screen try rebooting it and trying to pair immediately after. If you have two Hoppers, make sure you are in front of the hopper you are attempting to pair to.

I see it once every few dozen times I open the app. Then it crashes when I press the link button. Most of the time it does not show up. No change noticed when I reboot the Hopper (only have 1), the iPad, or the router.

Is your iPad software up to date? Is the iPad jail broken?

Yes iPad4 v6.01
No

In playing with Google I saw another user with the DIR-626L having a connection issue. I have no way to swap that out and see if it's the cause, but two posts with the same problem in an otherwise operational setting might be a clue...

I was using a Netgear N300 modem/router and it wouldnt pair. I swapped it with an old actiontec M1000 and the app works great.

When you rebooted your iPad did you turn it off and then turn it back on? Or did you actually restart it which occurs after you press and hold the home and sleep/wake buttons at the same time for a few seconds until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo appears? If not, I would suggest trying that.

Something else you could do is try to reinstall the app itself.

If it still doesn't work after trying both of these suggestions, it would probably not be a problem with app itself. Then you would probably be correct in assuming that it is indeed a problem with your router or specific network set up.

Trust me - I've done everything in every possible combination :) It won't work. Given the other user saying he had a conflict with his router, I've gotta lean towards that. I suppose I could call Dish and talk to customer service, but anyone have a better idea?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts