This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Export from DishPlayer 7100 (WebTV) box

mrfisma

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Well, Dish finally said we can't keep our old DishPlayer 7100's (the old WebTV box and I believe the original Echostar DVR). I upgraded them to larger HD's years ago and we've become so used to them that we just didn't see the need to upgrade for our non-HD sets. But when Dish sent the letter saying we couldn't keep them active any longer, and sent us 509's as replacements, we gave in. I didn't think of trying to export some programs we've had saved for a long time before making the switch, figuring I could always do it later.

So today I tried, running the output of the 7100 through a video cam to convert to fireware for computer capture. All worked fine until I got about 5 minuts into the program I was grabbing and then I get the message "want to see more... then subscribe to the Personal TV service." Argggg.

Anyone have any idea how to fool the box into thinking it's subscribed so I can do this export, or is there a 7100 emulator that I can use on a PC (after removing the HD from the 7100 and putting it into the PC)? Or any other ideas about how I can get this done?

Thanks!