Export from DishPlayer 7100 (WebTV) box

mrfisma

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Well, Dish finally said we can't keep our old DishPlayer 7100's (the old WebTV box and I believe the original Echostar DVR). I upgraded them to larger HD's years ago and we've become so used to them that we just didn't see the need to upgrade for our non-HD sets. But when Dish sent the letter saying we couldn't keep them active any longer, and sent us 509's as replacements, we gave in. I didn't think of trying to export some programs we've had saved for a long time before making the switch, figuring I could always do it later.

So today I tried, running the output of the 7100 through a video cam to convert to fireware for computer capture. All worked fine until I got about 5 minuts into the program I was grabbing and then I get the message "want to see more... then subscribe to the Personal TV service." Argggg.

Anyone have any idea how to fool the box into thinking it's subscribed so I can do this export, or is there a 7100 emulator that I can use on a PC (after removing the HD from the 7100 and putting it into the PC)? Or any other ideas about how I can get this done?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)