This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Expressvu HD Channels Back on in Southern Cal

So my receiver was upset cause in So. Cal. *every* Odd transponder on 82 has stopped coming in.

Expressvu is once again moving transponder assignments. Time to EBay your equipment and get StarChoice. Or prepare to put up with big time moves in the fall, when Expressvu has to start playing catchup with SC on movie channels.

+++++++++

HI, I am new to this forum... I have been testing BEV for over 7 years in So. Cal until I lost some of my favorite channels the last two weeks. I would like to know, by using a 90 cm dish, can you get good signal from TP1 of 82 and TP 10 of 91?

Before I go buy a 90 cm, I figured if you are in Texas, and getting good signal using 90 cm dish, my chance to get the same signal strength will be as good.

Thank you for your help!

What kind of receiver do you have?

Hi Digiblur,

I have 3100 with Dish 500 dish and dual LNB.

Assuming IF 90 cm dish would pick up the signals, can I re-use the Dish LNB with the 90 cm dish?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Hi Digiblur,

I have 3100 with Dish 500 dish and dual LNB.

Assuming IF 90 cm dish would pick up the signals, can I re-use the Dish LNB with the 90 cm dish?

Thanks...

The Dish LNB is not physically compatible with the 40-cm holder that comes with the Fortec dish. I recommend the Invacom QPH-031 dual circular/linear LNB. As you are looking to pull in weak signals, the LNB noise figure is critical. Even a tenth of a dB is important. The Invacom advertises a noise figure of 0.3 dB. This is far better than DTV and Dish LNBs that are typically in the 0.5 dB to 1.3 dB range.