Expressvu HD Channels Back on in Southern Cal

Expressvu is once again moving transponder assignments. Time to EBay your equipment and get StarChoice. Or prepare to put up with big time moves in the fall, when Expressvu has to start playing catchup with SC on movie channels.

This is one of those times when I wish I had read the info on the BEV satellite that was posted here. I lost the odd transponder verification on my SW44 switch and thought I had a bad connection....I checked connections and it turned out fine, I replaced the SW44 with another SW44 and found the same problem. I rebooted my 9200 (front panel) and stupidly pulled the plug while in that reboot mode and received an 0ecc message that I damaged the hard drive...unit is now being replaced. Come to find out that because of my location in South Texas weak or null transponders in half of the 16 that are odd is related to lack of recognition of one or more of these odd transponders that started the problem. Note: that up until 45 to 60 days ago the switch reception was clear for 82 and 91 on odd and even.....looks like this "maintenance" is more than meets the eye. I have a 100 cm Fortec with Invacom lnb circular ports connected for 82 and signal strength reading of 74 on good odd transponders down to 32 for weak ones and null for the same odd transponders that has been reported. Typical average for the working even transponders in this part of the world is 80 to 86. Many hours were spent learning the hard way.

+++++++++

HI, I am new to this forum... I have been testing BEV for over 7 years in So. Cal until I lost some of my favorite channels the last two weeks. I would like to know, by using a 90 cm dish, can you get good signal from TP1 of 82 and TP 10 of 91?

Before I go buy a 90 cm, I figured if you are in Texas, and getting good signal using 90 cm dish, my chance to get the same signal strength will be as good.

Thank you for your help!

+++++++++

HI, I am new to this forum... I have been testing BEV for over 7 years in So. Cal until I lost some of my favorite channels the last two weeks. I would like to know, by using a 90 cm dish, can you get good signal from TP1 of 82 and TP 10 of 91?

Before I go buy a 90 cm, I figured if you are in Texas, and getting good signal using 90 cm dish, my chance to get the same signal strength will be as good.

Thank you for your help!

What kind of receiver do you have?

Hi Digiblur,

I have 3100 with Dish 500 dish and dual LNB.

Assuming IF 90 cm dish would pick up the signals, can I re-use the Dish LNB with the 90 cm dish?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Hi Digiblur,

I have 3100 with Dish 500 dish and dual LNB.

Assuming IF 90 cm dish would pick up the signals, can I re-use the Dish LNB with the 90 cm dish?

Thanks...

The Dish LNB is not physically compatible with the 40-cm holder that comes with the Fortec dish. I recommend the Invacom QPH-031 dual circular/linear LNB. As you are looking to pull in weak signals, the LNB noise figure is critical. Even a tenth of a dB is important. The Invacom advertises a noise figure of 0.3 dB. This is far better than DTV and Dish LNBs that are typically in the 0.5 dB to 1.3 dB range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)