Expressvu in Bermuda?

cupmatch

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Hi, i brought my expressvu reciever (model 6000) to Bermuda for the summer but am having some trouble finding a signal! Any idea of the direction i should be pointing the dish in and or a different transponder? It works fine in Toronto, and i'd call Bell and ask for their help but i don't think they want their recievers used outside the house it was set up in!!! My other receievers still work in TO!
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Cupmatch!

You'll definitely not get all the channels. Here in Florida, we can't get a number of transponders since they tweaked a couple of satellites to cover Canada a little bit better.

And don't call Bell, they'll shut you down in a heartbeat. Don't plug your reciever into a phone line either.

Try using TP 5, 6, or 8 pointing at 91, and 3 or 4 on 82. Those are my strongest Tp's here in Florida. Someone else may be able to give you actual settings, but almost due south is a good place to start. Good luck.

It is doubtful that you will have any success using an antenna smaller than 2 meters for Bell ExpressVu in Bermuda. Check with local dealers to see what is successfully working. Unfortunately, you are outside the normal coverage area, which drops rapidly east of the mainland. Local knowledge is really the only way that you can tackle the project, and it may involve use of an antenna much larger than you had planned for, or may be allowed to use...not to mention the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)