Expressvu in US

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The $50/year doesn't bother me too badly, but the fee to make changes to the account, when they're already getting the $50/year, and you can make changes yourself online now, that concerns me.

I wonder how Bell would deal with a post office address. Could just get one that's big enough to empty once a year. For a phone number I could just add a canadian virtual number to my vonage phone. hmm...

Sorry to bring this up and the brokers can not get around this, the new card currently going to NFL sunday tickets will be going out to all smart card units and in order to activate a phone wire has to be plugged in, no plug in no service. Bell will be starting this in the next 3-5 months, people who ignore will have service deactivated. How do I know this, my wife's sister works for bell sympatico dsl which is owned by bce. This idea has been discussed for awhile she stated and now that the new cards with new security are coming so is this anti-pirate out of canada subscription problem.

DCXFORDGM said:
Sorry to bring this up and the brokers can not get around this, the new card currently going to NFL sunday tickets will be going out to all smart card units and in order to activate a phone wire has to be plugged in, no plug in no service. Bell will be starting this in the next 3-5 months, people who ignore will have service deactivated. How do I know this, my wife's sister works for bell sympatico dsl which is owned by bce. This idea has been discussed for awhile she stated and now that the new cards with new security are coming so is this anti-pirate out of canada subscription problem.

Well, it is true that both Dish and Bell ExpressVu are going through card swaps right now for Nagra2, which Dish is already transmitting along side of Nagra1. It will probably be another year or so before they shut off Nagra1. This is an effort to thwart hacking, not an attempt to weed out grey market subscriptions. Anti-Pirate, yes, anti-yankee, no. Yes, you DO need a phone line for NFL sunday ticket, but not for the regular service. Imagine how many people would be SOL who have ExpressVu in their RV's or out in cottage country or in a cabin with no phone line. What about people who only have a cell phone? That's increasingly common these days. Bell would be foolish to implement such a thing as they would lose literally thousands upon thousands of legal paying Canadian customers.

Claude Greiner said:
I use a broaker and its well worth it!

You must be a broker yourself! :) Well folks, it's your money and it's a free country. Personally, I'd rather an extra subscription to Sirius than an address and a couple programming changes on BEV.

I'll tell you a story now about a broker. Friends of mine in the states went and got Bell 6 or 7 years ago on a repatriation program they had going on back then, which was aimed at taking grey market US systems out of Canada. The program was that you brought in a US satellite system, just the box, access card and remote, and they gave you a Free Bell ExpressVu 2700 system in return, dish LNB receiver remote and all. Back then, anyone could walk into any electronics store in the states and buy a DirecTV system for cheap without having to sign up for anything. $50 or so, I believe it was, which was cheaper than you could buy any BEV system in Canada. What BEV ended up doing with all these boxes was selling them under the table to grey market dealers to make a pretty penny off of them, I don't remember that scandal exactly. Anyways, the Canadian broker/dealer who I got to help my friend out gave him the BEV system and he got the DirecTV system in return. I don't know if he actually turned it into BEV or kept it to sell to other Canadians as a grey market system there, as he does that, too. At that time, it was explained to him that he'd take care of the subscription and the address, just call him up if he needed anything changed, and that this "service" would be provided for FREE, as a thank you of purchasing the system off of him in the first place. After all, the dealer/broker DOES get a commission off of selling satellite systems. Fast forward a bunch of years and Bell comes out with online account access. He calls the broker for his account number so he can do this. Guess what? The broker saw the dark side and went to charging people an annual fee to use his address plus extra for programming changes, and would not release his account info! I managed to commandere the account out of Bell for him, and lock that scum sucker out, changed all the passwords and got them to specifically note in the account to not let him access it. They even chagned the account number, and my friend got a new credit card. This broker wanted to back charge him for all these years which he "forgot" to charge him for. Now he's using my address, and that's alright with me. Should have done that in the first place. Brokers -- they got you right where they want you, and they'll make you go broke while they're at it!

I do agree with what both of the last two posts say but as a bce stock holder, we want the brokers/pirates stopped. This phone line to activate system is coming, there will be some exceptions to rv's/government and companys, this has to stop now or we/bell will be the next directv when it comes to pirates. This is just not bell wanting this stopped in america, you may not know but bell, directv and dish work together to stop brokers/pirates on both side's of the border. It's coming sooner than you think and what will happen is the brokers will not be able to do anything and will move to selling starchoice which is already starting to happen beacuse they know what is coming. Again this will be only when new card is activated, after activated system does not have to be hooked up to phone line. You brought up cell phones or voip, this will be dealt with in a phone call from or to a expressvu csr. You see what is happening and this is a hot topic among holders is a trend is occuring of brokers selling and providing pirate cards/devices to recieve bell expressvu programing without written consent from L.P expressvu.

if you got a problem getting the bev signal its simple as getting a bigger dish i think bell offered in their package 1.2meter size dish (4 times wider than the small one).

DCXFORDGM said:
I do agree with what both of the last two posts say but as a bce stock holder, we want the brokers/pirates stopped. This phone line to activate system is coming, there will be some exceptions to rv's/government and companys, this has to stop now or we/bell will be the next directv when it comes to pirates. This is just not bell wanting this stopped in america, you may not know but bell, directv and dish work together to stop brokers/pirates on both side's of the border. It's coming sooner than you think and what will happen is the brokers will not be able to do anything and will move to selling starchoice which is already starting to happen beacuse they know what is coming. Again this will be only when new card is activated, after activated system does not have to be hooked up to phone line. You brought up cell phones or voip, this will be dealt with in a phone call from or to a expressvu csr. You see what is happening and this is a hot topic among holders is a trend is occuring of brokers selling and providing pirate cards/devices to recieve bell expressvu programing without written consent from L.P expressvu.

but brokers aren't selling pirate cards. All they are is a middle man for US subsctribers to get Bell. I am a paying customer. I get charged every month on my credit card.

I live in California and BCE has worked just fine for years, but all of the sudden about two weeks ago (about August 14th or so) several of the transponders completely lost signal strength, while others are still at or near 100%. Has BCE suddenly gone to spot beaming for certain transponders?

Aqua said:
I live in California and BCE has worked just fine for years, but all of the sudden about two weeks ago (about August 14th or so) several of the transponders completely lost signal strength, while others are still at or near 100%. Has BCE suddenly gone to spot beaming for certain transponders?

nope.
They used a new satellite (actually a real old crappy one) for some of the channels. This one doesnt cover cali, AZ, TX, and the deep south. The satellite was the old DirectTv one. They had to shift this north to cover all of Canada.

check this topic for alot of info on it :)

btw: where the hell you been :D This started around 8/11 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)