ExpressVu questions.

mike1984

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Hey everyone, i'm new here and I have a question about Bell ExpressVu. We are getting a 46" Sharp Aquous 1080p television. We are also getting satellite service from Bell ExpressVu. We were thinking of starting off with the 4100 (standard receiver). If we do get this will our image be distorted on the new television, will it be stretched? Will this probelm be fixed if we get the HD receiver or will the image on the SD channels still streach to fill the sides of the screen? Is it only HD channels that are diffused in panaromic 16:9 or are regular SD channels also diffused in that with the right receiver? Basically, will the stretching problem on regular channels be fixed with a HD receiver or will the aspect ratio be the same on any receiver for SD channels?

Let me know if this sounds confusing. Thanks guys!

I'm currently using a Bell 4100 on a 27" widescreen lcd and the picture is very good. Doesn't look overly stretched or distorted. I'm also using a 9200 on a 42" plasma and the HD picture quality is beautiful. SD channels look good (given the fact that they are SD). Again, the look fairly natural and not too stretched. I far prefer the stretched picture vs black bars on either side.