Expressvu Strikes Again!

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Now it appears Expressvu has moved some of the HD Boston networks to the 82 sat., which kills then for me. Anyone else in California having success receiving these channels?

I am just about fed up with Express view. Any with with *C, that is satisfied with their product?

Iceberg said:
clapple
HD has been on 82 for a while now.....82 is viewable in Cali

Maybe I am confused. I thought 82 was the sat they replaced, that did not have full US coverage. I thought all the HD was on 91. Is it the other way around?

I if that's the case, then for some reason, I have lost a number of HD channels; but not all. So I don't know what is happening.
:confused:

Did you miss out on the card swap?
I believe that all the HD channels are Nagra 2 now.

If you did get the card swap, or have a 6100, then there is another problem. I'd check to make sure the HD package is still on your account.

Iceberg said:
I thought the card swap was done as of 11/30/04?

I've seen the slates on ExpressVu about the card swap

No, I have the new card.

After checking everthing, I could think of, I did a "switch check". All the channels came back. Don't know what that was all about; but it worked.
:)

Iceberg said:
I thought the card swap was done as of 11/30/04?

I've seen the slates on ExpressVu about the card swap

I don't think they're done yet. They gave a specific deadline date for Playboy on the slate that was on 798 and then shut it off on that date. The slate that was on 740 had the same date and had statements about both Playboy and Venus but Venus was never changed to Nagra2 and the slate with the deadline date was then removed. The NFL was shut down first and there were slates for that too saying that to even use Sunday Ticket you had to be on a Nagra2 card.

They have yet to put up a deadline date slate for any of the regular channels. They only have channels up about how to do the swap. They'll probably put something up when they get done with this current "31 days of Great TV" free channel promotion. They've also had problems with the interactive channels with the newer receivers and have turned off interactive for the time being. They had a slate up for that as well. I'm wondering if that's some kind of failure related to Nagra2.

So, I imagine they'll give at least a month's notice with a specific date slate once they're ready to switch over general use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)