Ext HDD 3 strikes quest and other probs

Joewee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Prob 1
My VIP 622 was giving me problems with hard drive corrupt messages about every 3 weeks or so, so I ordered a replacement receiver. The receiver came, I hooked it up, got the msg that the Ext HDD can only be used in one receiver at a time and did I want to use it on this receiver. I said yes. Then, I had problems with the replacement receiver (it was refurbished), constant rebooting etc... So I want to send it back for another one. Now, I am not sure if I should hook the Ext HDD back up to my original receiver as this will be the 3rd swap. I thought I read you could only do this 3 times and this would be my 3rd time and I won't be able to hook up my next replacement receiver. Any suggetions?

Prob 2
Since hooking my original receiver back up I am having problems that I didn't have before, the audio on my tv doesn't work, it works through my receiver and through my tv when I switch it to the tv receiver. I tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable in and out on both ends to no avail.
Also, my OTA antenna signal levels have dropped considerably to where I can't get some stations now, where before I could.
WTF happened between the swaps? Any suggestions. Thanks!

Prob 1
My VIP 622 was giving me problems with hard drive corrupt messages about every 3 weeks or so, so I ordered a replacement receiver. The receiver came, I hooked it up, got the msg that the Ext HDD can only be used in one receiver at a time and did I want to use it on this receiver. I said yes. Then, I had problems with the replacement receiver (it was refurbished), constant rebooting etc... So I want to send it back for another one. Now, I am not sure if I should hook the Ext HDD back up to my original receiver as this will be the 3rd swap. I thought I read you could only do this 3 times and this would be my 3rd time and I won't be able to hook up my next replacement receiver. Any suggetions?

Prob 2
Since hooking my original receiver back up I am having problems that I didn't have before, the audio on my tv doesn't work, it works through my receiver and through my tv when I switch it to the tv receiver. I tried unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable in and out on both ends to no avail.
Also, my OTA antenna signal levels have dropped considerably to where I can't get some stations now, where before I could.
WTF happened between the swaps? Any suggestions. Thanks!

You got a software update and it took out your OTA. Same happened here.

Best bet for # of swaps on ext hdd is to copy all content back to the 622 (might need another ext drive to fit everything), then reformat the drive on a pc, then reconnect to the 622.

Hopefully this will reset the counter (though I'm not sure this have been absolutely verified).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)