Extend range of Joey Remotes

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
I am running one Joey to HDMI and RGB To a modulator to hit 2 small tv's on the otherside of the house and the signal falls off a little too soon for the remote. Is there anyway to extend the range of the Joey remotes? I thought they went to the Hopper and then moved to the Joey's but the signal strenght test (MENU, MENU, SAT until leds light, INPUT until Sat comes back on and watch the leds.

Also, what is the cover on the right side covering? Is that a place for a smart card?

I am running one Joey to HDMI and RGB To a modulator to hit 2 small tv's on the otherside of the house and the signal falls off a little too soon for the remote. Is there anyway to extend the range of the Joey remotes? I thought they went to the Hopper and then moved to the Joey's but the signal strenght test (MENU, MENU, SAT until leds light, INPUT until Sat comes back on and watch the leds.

Also, what is the cover on the right side covering? Is that a place for a smart card?

The Joey has an internal Remote antenna and that functions separate from the Hopper. I don't know of any way to extend the range other than moving the joey to a more centralized location between the two tvs connected to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)