Extending RF remote range on an H24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JackCannon

Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Georgia, US
Hi... I'm at a quandry with the new H24's lack of external RF remote antenna option.

A good portion of my commercial installs are in buildings where it's walls or layout don't attentuate my remote signals too much. But in the times that it does, it's after installation and activation is complete before I can THEN see how well or poorly my remotes work.

Being that it's antenna is built-in, I'm unable to combine into rf distribution nor run a dedicated cable out for it.

Does anybody know of a repeater rig that will listen to signals in the remote's frequency range, amplify it (minimally is fine, since I don't mind running cable all the way to the room containing the receivers, which is 150 ft away, btw)

I've tried running a "passive repeater" I guess you'd call it, where I just attach two of the remote antennas at each end of a common cable, and the remote antenna will resonate just enough to pass the signal to the receiver it's beside, but I have to hold the remote within a couple inches of said input antenna... so it's not very practical without some kind of boost in gain.

Knowing the specific range of the RF signal would be of help too, but I can't find it anywhere. I did see where somebody on this site had said "I think it's 430mhz" but nothing definite.
If I were to build a simple amplifier that catered to this frequency, treating it like any old analog signal, would this work? I realize the remotes are addressable to 6 digits, which makes me think it's digital.
If so, would an amplifier that isn't itself digital, but amplifies EVERY signal that it gets at a specified frequency, regardless of the shape of it's modulation?

Any input from somebody who knows more about this stuff than I do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts