Extending UHF Range

I do this from 2 receivers with my OTA signal from an ampified outdoor antenna with NO attenuator and wasn't able to pick up any signal outside my house.:confused: Of course, I have no close neighbors so I wasn't worried, just curious.

Ed

FYI

The attenuator that comes with the receiver is provided in case the TV2 is close to the TV1 instead of a long cable run. It is supposed to be used to protect the TV2 from being damaged due to the strength of the signal that is sent out. They also are used elsewhere that you need to step down your signal.

They are great to use if your OTA signals are too high causing linearity of the receiver resulting in pixelation and drop-out.

Last edited:
"The attenuator that comes with the receiver is provided in case the TV2 is close to the TV1 instead of a long cable run."

That's not the reason why they provide the attenuator. The attenuator is provided to prevent the UHF from broadcasting the signal.

All attenuators have a tag attached to them that tells you what the ORIGINAL use for them is. The fact that they can be used as a UHF signal attenuator when you 'diplex' the TV-2 and remote antenna is simply a convenient 'also' use.

If the attenuator was to prevent damage then they would build it into the UHF antenna.

The attenuator's original intention is because the TV2 output is designed to be strong enough to maintain integrity in large houses with splitters and long cables and such. If there is a direct single line to the TV2, the attenuator is supposed to be installed. TV2 output is the signal that can be too strong.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)