External hard drive on dish anywhere?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Is there a way to access an external hard drive using dish anywhere and a hopper with sling? I could not find where to access the external hard drive recordings. I can access it from the hopper itself but not from dish anywhere unless there is a place that I'm not looking.

The only way I can think of today to view the external HDD is to use a Slingbox. But that does go against the whole point of having Sling integrated into the Hopper. If you have room, you can move the content you want from the external HDD back to the internal HDD to view that content via Dish Anywhere. However, if watching content from the external HDD is important to you, then consider a Slingbox, the new M1 is the best priced and can be viewed from a Roku, as well. The Slingbox gives you FULL control just as if you were in the room controlling the box. Of course, no one at home could watch that box while you are using the Slingbox because the two of you would interfere with each other. I say, Dish ought to work on giving us the ability to watch external HDD from Sling built-in. But don't hold your breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts