External Hard Drive Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Ok, I have fought and fought with trying to find out how to do something about this but here goes.

On my Seagate 500 GB External Drive, how do I keep it from falling into sleep mode after a few minutes?

When it does this, I have to get up, disconnect the power from the HD and let it reboot.

Thanks.

I've done the Seagate software route - use their disk managment utility download to disable the sleep timer. Have been running like this for a number of months with no problems.

by downloading this, will it effect anything that is currently on the hard drive (ex, tv shows, movies, etc.)?

No. Just adjust the sleep timer setting and you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't let windows/mac format the drive when you connect it to your computer.

Funny, I just bought a second external hard drive and it is a Seagate 750gb external hard drive. It is working just fine and I haven't had to do anything about the sleep mode like I did with my first seagate 500 gb ex hard drive. Maybe DISH did fix this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)