External hard drive sort type

BigAl1961

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I just received a replacement VIP 722K, and when I hooked up my external hard drive the sort type changed. It used to have folders for programs that had multiple shows recorded and now all the shows are listed individually by date. I can't figure out how to get the folder view back.
I'm have to believe I'm missing a simple fix, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I figured what to do and will answer my own question just in case someone runs into this problem. . Apparently the external hard drive group/sorting is controlled by the "My Recordings" groups sorting.
I have seen that group button for years and never paid attention to it. So either when I received my first receiver it was already set up to group my recordings or I just forgot over the years I had set it up that way.

We have a Dish Network VIP 211z Receiver in our motorhome and Hooper Sling at home. How do we get to watch recorded media in our motorhome?

You don't, unless you bring the Hopper into the motor home.... You 'could' sling from your Hopper, at home, to a laptop or tablet and output that to a TV...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts