External Hard drive transfer to Hopper.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spacenerd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Wapakoneta, Ohio
I currently have a couple Dish 722 receivers with one of them connected to a 1 terabyte external drive. I am thinking about upgrading to a Hooper. Does anyone know if I can transfer my recordings to the Hopper or use the external drive with the Hopper. I have heard my recordings from the 722s may dot be compatible with the Hoopers system.
Thanks,
Spacenerd

You can play them back from the EHD with no issues. Most of the issues are caused from attempting to move 722 recordings to the Hopper. So I'd say if you want to be on the safe side just play them back off the EHD and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The ehd is linked to the account, not the receiver. As long as you maintain the account, an ehd will work. If you have 2 Hoppers, they can be swapped. Also, unlike a 722, a Hopper can see 2 ehd's.

I don't either. In the beginning, over a year ago, there were some issues but they got fixed long ago....

I guess it all depends on how valuable the recording is whether or not you are willing to risk the possibility of losing shows/movies...

To be on the safe side I can't personally recommend that one just select all and restore their recordings from their older receiver to their Hopper.

I guess it all depends on how valuable the recording is whether or not you are willing to risk the possibility of losing shows/movies...

or, you could find one that isn't all that important and try it......

or, you could find one that isn't all that important and try it......

If I recall correctly some recordings were corrupted while others remained intact, so I don't see one recording that was successful as being a guarantee that you'll have no issues...

OK Bob, you must be right! :D

Gah, well I'm not about to go telling everyone to restore their recordings only for them to later on lose them. Who exactly confirmed that this was fixed? Just because a few folks have reported success doesn't mean the problem doesn't still exist...

The first 2 EHDs connected allow selection from the full menu of operations.
Additional EHDs to 4 and probably more can only be transfers to/from.
You can use 4-to-1 connectors, maybe a 7-to-1, on any or all of Hopper's 3 ports.
Of course, the 722-series only allowed 1 connection, at a time, from one of its 2 ports.
There was a problem with the restored Record Date, always 02/06/2106 11:28pm--wrong!
There may still be that problem there from time to time. They probably picked the wrong field.
I speak with 1000's of programs, near 17TB on 14 drives from 750GB to 2TB--many filled.
I've had two 1TB drives "go bad" but after emptying them (slow!), they now seem to work.
Pleased with my H2000. I would like to lose the search screen going blank, sometimes repeatedly.
I would like to return to the point in the menus where I quit a show, just a pain.

-Ken

The first 2 EHDs connected allow selection from the full menu of operations.
Additional EHDs to 4 and probably more can only be transfers to/from.
You can use 4-to-1 connectors, maybe a 7-to-1, on any or all of Hopper's 3 ports.
Of course, the 722-series only allowed 1 connection, at a time, from one of its 2 ports.
There was a problem with the restored Record Date, always 02/06/2106 11:28pm--wrong!
There may still be that problem there from time to time. They probably picked the wrong field.
I speak with 1000's of programs, near 17TB on 14 drives from 750GB to 2TB--many filled.
I've had two 1TB drives "go bad" but after emptying them (slow!), they now seem to work.
Pleased with my H2000. I would like to lose the search screen going blank, sometimes repeatedly.
I would like to return to the point in the menus where I quit a show, just a pain.

-Ken

The last sentence I understood.

Does anything special need to be done with the EHD before switching to the Hopper? Does anything need to be done on the account after installation of the Hopper? I have an EHD (WD 2TB) from my 722 and when it is connected to my new Hoppper, nothing shows up in the external hard drive window. I do receive a popup saying that the USB device was connected/removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)