External Hard Drive

joannefm2

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Nevada
This might be a question nobody has an answer to, but I'll ask anyway. After a month and a half of NO SERVICE from Dish, due to the fact that every week they were sending me a new dvr unit (I'd had a total of 5, 4 in one month alone), claiming each one had a 'bad hard drive' (usually after only an hour or two of use it would freeze up and shut down on me); I had had it with Dish and cancelled. Unfortunately, I also have an external hard drive that they charged me to use. I have some programs stored on it now - all public domain, nothing from the premium channels - that I can't retrieve. Is there any way to get this info off the hard drive? If not, I pretty much wasted my money buying the thing in the first place.

The external hard drive files are encrypted and there is no known method of retrieving them for use anywhere except on another DVR on your account.

Your situation is the most extreme case I have ever heard of going through that many DVRs so quickly. My nephew had similar luck with computers at his house and it turned out to be a house wiring problem. He bought a UPS for his computer and has not had any problems in over 1-1/2 years with the UPS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts