external hard drive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

longhorn23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Nov 21, 2017
Rowlett, TX
So I've tried installing an 8 TB external hard drive without any success. This is the third hard drive I've used with problems. The genie recognizes the hard drive, reformats it, and shows the hard drive at 100 percent but everything slows down and becomes unresponsive and slow to any command on the remote. The system slows to a crawl and is pretty much unusable. It ends up freezing and locking up for a few seconds and my genie Mini never ends up connecting. I have an HR54, C61.

The first two hard drives I used were:
Amazon product ASIN B073GH57Z1
The third hard drive I used was: Amazon product ASIN B00WJOUSVG
Both hard drives game me the same problem. Is there something I need to change in the settings? I was really excited to record all of the Winter Olympics before and this time the World Cup.

Is there an 8tb hard drive and enclosure you all could recommend on Amazon? I rather not go this route because I do not really know what I am doing. But I might be left with no other choice. Could there be something wrong with my Genie? Thanks for reading my post. Any help is much appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts