External HDs swapping on their own.

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
Every once in a while, when I access my two external hard drives, I will find that ext 1 is ext 2 and 2 is 1. I keep tv on 1 and movies on 2. Then maybe the next time, they may be swapped back. Not a big problem, but still a bug. I have the HWS. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Oh, yeah. I have a Hopper 3, and three external drives. I never know if one, two or all three will show up, or how they'll be numbered if they do. Frustrating.

Every once in a while, when I access my two external hard drives, I will find that ext 1 is ext 2 and 2 is 1. I keep tv on 1 and movies on 2. Then maybe the next time, they may be swapped back. Not a big problem, but still a bug. I have the HWS. Anyone else ever have this happen?
The order of the external drives listed depends on how they are discovered so it's completely believable that two drives will swap identities.

I find this completely counterintuitive. Drives should be named and that identity shown rather than "external 1" ... It's OK to create default names when formatting a drive but please add the ability to change the drive name so in the OP's example drives can have names like "Movies", "TV shows", etc.

Reactions: harshness
Yeah, I couldn't remember for sure because of the different UI. For some reason I remember it being called living room (where my ehd is) and perhaps that's what it showed when I assessed it from another room. Not really sure since HWS is memory of the past. Lol...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)