Extra Dish 500 and dual LNB for 110 & 119 - can I keep LNB as spare for 61.5?

brewtownska

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
SE Wisconsin
Dish called over the weekend and said they needed to "upgrade" my equipment to move me to different satellites. I'm in Waukesha, WI.
My original setup was a Dish 500 dual LNB to pick up 110 & 119, and then a wing Dish 500 with a single LNB to pick up 61.5.

Before the tech showed up, my online research had me guessing they were changing out something to also allow me to see 129. But turns out the tech was keeping my dish to 61.5 untouched, then he installed a Dish 1000.2 to pick up satellite 72 and 77, removing my Dish 500 to 110 and 119. One of things he mentioned was that he didn't have the right LNB to pick up 72 and 77 for my Dish 500, so I could either wait for him to get it, or just put up the 1000.2. Didn't really matter to me, so up went the 1000.2.

The installer forgot to take away the uninstalled Dish 500 with dual LNB with him when he left. I called back to find out if they needed it or if I should dispose of. He said if I put it by the trash, someone would probably come take it to reuse or recycle.

So my question is, will the dual LNB that was on there also work to pick up the 61.5 in the event I ever have the existing 61.5 LNB die on me? Are the LNBs tuned to work for specific satellites only, or are they interchangeable? I had an LNB die on me last year, so if it's worth me keeping this as a spare, I probably will. If it won't work for what I need it for, then I may as well offer it up here to anyone who would like a spare.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts