Extra hour on sporting events with H3?

jhearl

Original poster
Dec 13, 2020
USA
I just upgraded to H3 after my VIP722 died. Loving the new box so far. I seem to recall that the VIP automatically added an extra hour to sporting events that I recorded without me having to set it up for each event. Maybe my recollection is wrong? I can't seem to find any such setting on the H3 and as far as I can tell, sports events aren't getting an extra hour added automatically. Is it possible to set this up? I know how to do it for any individual recording, but it was very useful to have the VIP do it for me. Unless I'm just mis-remembering and I did it myself when I set up a series.

Thanks -
John

I have a HWS and it automatically adds an hour for sporting events. I don't think I had to set anything up for this to happen. From reading this forum, many have said that it takes a couple of days for a new Hopper to settle in and have all features working.

I have a HWS and it automatically adds an hour for sporting events. I don't think I had to set anything up for this to happen. From reading this forum, many have said that it takes a couple of days for a new Hopper to settle in and have all features working.
Same here with Hopper Duo and Wally. I have even had a timer automatically add an hour for a non-sporting event that incorrectly had the Sports tag in the guide info. So, if this is not working for certain specific events, I would blame the guide info for those particular events possibly not having the proper Sports tag to automatically enable the extra-hour feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for the replies. Could well be that the guide isn't recognizing something like skiing as a sport. If I double-click on the Home button then tab over to "Sports" it shows golf, basketball, soccer, and baseball. No skiing, bobsled, etc. Go figure.

Cheers -
John

Reactions: pattykay
It is not sports that are scheduled for one hour overtime, it's live events, like live football games, live baseball games, live basketball etc.

Recorded sports events are not extended automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts