Extra package???

John2021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Los angeles
Just downgraded to the extra package. Looking on the the dtv website I see it's not an option on there. Is it like come super secret package cause on the site it goes from choice to ultimate

I thought it was an older grandfather d package like total choice

Like if you had an older cell phone plan and never changed like "America's choice " etc..

Usually companies only list current plans on website..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I thought it was an older grandfather d package like total choice

Like if you had an older cell phone plan and never changed like "America's choice " etc..

Usually companies only list current plans on website..

It might be an older package. It might not be on the site because dtv is trying to sell the more premium content!!! Though I find it to have a large channel lineup with being budget friendly!!! I personally would never do business with ATT though DTV was the exception.

I have Xtra too and when I go to change my package it doesn't show up either.

Companies change packages all the time .

Off topic but vzw just renamed all their packages you don't see the old names (share everything, verizon edge etc..) on the site any more, same way you don't see "total choice " on the D* site.

All companies do this .. they only list current marketing packages not grandfather .

Reactions: John2021
I have Xtra too and when I go to change my package it doesn't show up either.

Companies change packages all the time .

Off topic but vzw just renamed all their packages you don't see the old names (share everything, verizon edge etc..) on the site any more, same way you don't see "total choice " on the D* site.

All companies do this .. they only list current marketing packages not grandfather .

Does the extra have the rsn fee? I asked for it yesterday though it wasn't on the site the rep gave it to me anyways kudos to her for that

Does the extra have the rsn fee? I asked for it yesterday though it wasn't on the site the rep gave it to me anyways kudos to her for that
I don't know about the regular Xtra package. I have Preferred Xtra which cost 2 dollars less and no RSN fee. The good part is it has more channels than Xtra. There are sports channels missing, but I get some basic channels you have to have Ultimate to get. They also added my 2 local RSN channels without having to pay extra.
My account is still on the old Directv site. It lists Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier as packages I can change to. I did have to call around 10 months ago to get Preferred XTRA.

My account is still on the old Directv site. It lists Select, Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, and Premier as packages I can change to. I did have to call around 10 months ago to get Preferred XTRA.
Interesting that they're allowing existing subs to still switch over to Xtra even though it would appear to be a grandfathered package. They stopped selling it to new subs on both DTV and AT&T TV/DTV Stream at some point last year, I think. Or at least Xtra disappeared from the website and the online ordering process. Who knows, maybe if you call them to sign up, you can get them to activate you on Xtra?

Interesting that they're allowing existing subs to still switch over to Xtra even though it would appear to be a grandfathered package. They stopped selling it to new subs on both DTV and AT&T TV/DTV Stream at some point last year, I think. Or at least Xtra disappeared from the website and the online ordering process. Who knows, maybe if you call them to sign up, you can get them to activate you on Xtra?
i thought that was interesting to that they would drop me to extra when it's not on the site. i called in and got it!!! for me there really is no difference from that and the ultimate wich costs more..

Reactions: NashGuy
It works better if you tell the system you're cancelling all service. That usually forwards you to a USA csr who can get you an unadvertised package if at all possible. As far as new Directv subs, it's probably impossible to sign up for them.

It works better if you tell the system you're cancelling all service. That usually forwards you to a USA csr who can get you an unadvertised package if at all possible. As far as new Directv subs, it's probably impossible to sign up for them.
i have always called 1-866-595-1331 the loyality dept there us based... my acct is under 6 months old and i still got the package. hmm maybe there trying to keep subs to make it look good in the shareholders eyes i dunno. my account is on the death star site. i heard that my acct will be moving over to the DTV site over time we shall see.

i wasn't looking to cancel i was looking to save some $$$. I did mention the extra package and the rep gave it to me after asking what channels i watched. The whole home DVR service and the PQ and pricing and more prmo's vs spectrum is reason to hold onto DTV as long as possible.

i have always called 1-866-595-1331 the loyality dept there us based... my acct is under 6 months old and i still got the package. hmm maybe there trying to keep subs to make it look good in the shareholders eyes i dunno. my account is on the death star site. i heard that my acct will be moving over to the DTV site over time we shall see.
Thanks for that number. I will try that the next time I need something.

I don't know about the regular Xtra package. I have Preferred Xtra which cost 2 dollars less and no RSN fee. The good part is it has more channels than Xtra. There are sports channels missing, but I get some basic channels you have to have Ultimate to get. They also added my 2 local RSN channels without having to pay extra.
The preferred extra makes no sense to me to loose 25 more channels only to save a whopping $3.00:oops:

Thanks for that number. I will try that the next time I need something.
Telling the system you want to cancel is a PIA you never know who or what you'll get :shh.. atleast with that number there all us based!!! And are trained to deal and fix your issues. Has been my experience so far.

The preferred extra makes no sense to me to loose 25 more channels only to save a whopping $3.00:oops:
depends on what channels are important to you. besides the 2 bucks I save, I don't have to pay the RSN fee. Their system did add my RSN channels back for free less than a month after I changed. So I'm also saving the RSN fee which is 10 bucks in my area. I believe it is going down a couple bucks in the Jan. increase. I still get a lot of sports channels plus I get a lot of the channels I would have to get ultimate to get including extra music choice channels and other basic channels. The only sports channel I actually watch that I lost was the SEC network.
I still don't know why they don't include NBA network with my NBA league pass sub. I have another source to watch the NBA channel and SEC channel so it all works out in the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts