Extra sat to 61.5.. free?

bsic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Texas
Gang-

Just had an 811 put in recently- will dish install an extra sat for 61.5 at no cost if I qualify for CBS-HD?

bsic said:
Gang-

Just had an 811 put in recently- will dish install an extra sat for 61.5 at no cost if I qualify for CBS-HD?

No. They will only install the extra dish for free if you have locals on 61.5.

So- if I understand this- I pay for the reciever, and pay for the HD pack- but in order to get all the channels I've paid for, I need to pay for another dish and install... correct?

bsic said:
So- if I understand this- I pay for the reciever, and pay for the HD pack- but in order to get all the channels I've paid for, I need to pay for another dish and install... correct?

I'm scheduled to get a 61.5 sat dish installed today and its on E*. I don't know if it is a special favor- I understood they will put it up no charge if you qualify to get CBS-HD, subscribe to the HD package for a minimum of one year.

Rick

Here is a couple of questions to answer and we might be able to help you further.

-What local DMA are you in (what locals do you qualify for?)
-Do you have locals through Dish?
-Are there any channels on the 61.5 dish? (If you don't know, you can just answer the first 2..we can help you with the other)

If you answer yes to all 3 questions, then you can get the 2nd dish for free. You would just call Dish and tell them you want to pick up the locals on the wing dish.

rjallen said:
I'm scheduled to get a 61.5 sat dish installed today and its on E*. I don't know if it is a special favor- I understood they will put it up no charge if you qualify to get CBS-HD, subscribe to the HD package for a minimum of one year.

Rick

All HD is on Dish500 except for CBS-HD..Dish doesnt give you the dish for free unless you qualify for it (via locals or Int'l)

Guess you got a favor :)

I have some stations that I should get but the screen shows up, "You need a second Dish installed to receive these channels, please call Dish to schedule an install for your free dish" or something like that.

I just don't want a second Dish on the house to get 5 channels I don't watch, but after hearing it would probably be the 61.5 satellite which carries the HD Demo channel, I am now thinking about it.

peid said:
I have some stations that I should get but the screen shows up, "You need a second Dish installed to receive these channels, please call Dish to schedule an install for your free dish" or something like that.

I just don't want a second Dish on the house to get 5 channels I don't watch, but after hearing it would probably be the 61.5 satellite which carries the HD Demo channel, I am now thinking about it.

It would be the 61.5 (or 148, depending on where you are located).

There are also some PI channels on the wings too

I had it added for 1 channel...remember...Dish has to supply the Dish and all switches for free!! You might get a nice upgrade

Iceberg said:
Here is a couple of questions to answer and we might be able to help you further.

-What local DMA are you in (what locals do you qualify for?)
Dallas/Fort Worth. O&O market.
-Do you have locals through Dish?
Yep.

-Are there any channels on the 61.5 dish? (If you don't know, you can just answer the first 2..we can help you with the other)
Just CBS-HD as far as I know----

I was looking at this and it *looks* like I qualify:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/cbshd/index.shtml

This makes it sound like I have to buy another dish for a channel that I qualify for and Im already paying for. Hopefully its not the case.

bsic said:
Dallas/Fort Worth. O&O market.

Yep.

Just CBS-HD as far as I know----

I was looking at this and it *looks* like I qualify:

Found you a "Get a 2nd dish for free" card

You have 5 Channels on the wing
KUVN 23 (Univision)
KFWD 52 (Ind)
KSTR 49 (Telefutura)
KXTX 39 (Telemundo)
KDTN 2 (Religious)

These are on 148 (the other wing)..Since these are must carry (you may never watch them, but you are entitled to them), call Dish and tell them you have some channels that require a 2nd dish...they will supply the dish and all switches to get those channels and install it for free

The CBS would be KCBS out of LA that would be HD.

As for the HD, you qualify because Dallas is O&O..There isn't another CBS that could claim you can pick them up? If you're in the immediate DFW area, you're OK....but if you're out in nowheresville and some CBS from 50 miles away may claim you can get them..thats where the trouble lies.

Im in Plano (just north of Dallas) and I qualified. The installer pointed my 2nd free dish to 148 and I just moved it over to 61.5 and called Dish and they moved my CBS-HD to NY from LA.

StevenD said:
Im in Plano (just north of Dallas) and I qualified. The installer pointed my 2nd free dish to 148 and I just moved it over to 61.5 and called Dish and they moved my CBS-HD to NY from LA.

Sweet- Im in Plano too, actually- Good to know I qualify for sure.

Thanks for the help guys-

This is hilarious. I called and said I, uh, needed the Good Samaritan Network. After some "hem-hawing" it is on its way.

OOPS. Not on its way. They said I would have to pay for it.

I signed up for the CBS-HD out of LA last night channel 9454. They said to give it about 40 minutes and it should show up on my guide. I had the 811 on for about an hour after the call, then turned it off over night. Checked this morning and it is still not there. I called again this morning and they said it was added. Is there something I need to do on the 811 to get it to show up?

Guderian said:
I signed up for the CBS-HD out of LA last night channel 9454. They said to give it about 40 minutes and it should show up on my guide. I had the 811 on for about an hour after the call, then turned it off over night. Checked this morning and it is still not there. I called again this morning and they said it was added. Is there something I need to do on the 811 to get it to show up?

Im going to ask the obvious......you do have a dish aimed at 148, right?

Guderian said:

Took me 3 Phonecalls to have CBS-HD out of NY added.
3rd call I was told I didn't qualify (this was after I was told it had been added the night before).
I said, I live 20mn from Manhatten, how can I not qualify, so I asked for a supervisor and 10mn later it was in my guide.

Yeah the 2nd Dish is poiting at 148, confirmed it by checking signal prior to my call in. It just not showing up in the guide. The initial csr did not have the authority to add it, but he said he supervisor did. The supervisor approved it in about 5 mins so that was never an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)