Extremely New and have Basic Questions

Sterb

Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

I have a 522 DVR Dual Tuner in bedroom 1 connected to a tv in my family room. I have another receiver in bedroom 2 connected to another tv in bedroom 3.

Don't ask me why, but my wife wants the ability to watced dvr recorded stuff in bedroom 3. I'm thinking I have to move my DVR 522 reciever to the family room and connect to bedroom 3; then keep the other receiver in bedroom 2 and connect to bedroom 1.

Is that difficult to do or am I making it more difficult that it seems?

Why aren't you using the second side of the 522 (TV2) in bedroom 3? It is an independent tuner, and will give full access to anything on the DVR. The second receiver can service bedroom 2. If you also want DVR access there, use a distribution amp on the TV2 output. Both bedrooms will have to watch the same DVR output, of course.

What if I want DVR capabilities in the family room? Do I just get another remote that has dvr buttons on it and program it to the dvr in bedroom 1?

how many lines are run from the dish to each receiver? did the installer use dish pro plus? moving the receivers to different rooms could be more difficult than its worth, you may be better off just back feeding to the other rooms

942 no audio

Tip for using Dish 500 on 119/129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)