EZ Pay discount

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I'm under the 2yr price lock and recieve $5 off the FLEX or $10 on the Top packages. With that said, once the lock ends what is the EZ discount on the Top packages? Does it stay at $10? Thanks.

Do you mean the Autopay discount? You should be getting $5 for that on top of any other discounts, no idea how long Dish will continue to give that.

24 months ;) (Yes, I know you meant after the 24 months are up.)
No, I believe he meant how long they will offer it to people who don't have it yet. They could stop offering it tomorrow and the ones who currently have it would continue with it until their 24 months is up.

Reactions: Tampa8
No, I believe he meant how long they will offer it to people who don't have it yet. They could stop offering it tomorrow and the ones who currently have it would continue with it until their 24 months is up.
Yep.

In regards to my above question, does everyone now with auto setup recieve the autopay discount? If the discount ends in the future, then what is the benefit to letting Dish debit my card directly? They can pay postage and send me my bill directly and I'll do the same.

In regards to my above question, does everyone now with auto setup recieve the autopay discount? If the discount ends in the future, then what is the benefit to letting Dish debit my card directly? They can pay postage and send me my bill directly and I'll do the same.

First I'm not sure the connection of paperless billing and Autopay you are making - the discount is for Autopay I am not aware (but could be wrong) that paperless billing is mandatory for the $5. In the past the give back for autopay was getting HD for no extra charge. (And before that both autopay and paperless billing was needed) I don't believe DISH has that HD charge any longer. I am not 100% sure but I don't think people are getting the $5 discount automatically they have to ask to get it, DIRT could answer that.

Seems a little petty to have DISH pay the postage unless you really want paper billing especially when you are talking a hypothetical of them not offering it sometime in the future.Things change, we now get HD free so DISH wanted to still give something for Autopay and are doing so.
Also I see the benefit working both ways, I like not having to be sure I go online and pay them by the due date, yet I still can check my bill online at anytime to be sure it is correct with it all online. I also like the idea of saving the use of materials of mailings.

Okay. I thought he was answering the OP who was asking how long the discount would last after the price lock ends:
I'm under the 2yr price lock and recieve $5 off the FLEX or $10 on the Top packages. With that said, once the lock ends what is the EZ discount on the Top packages? Does it stay at $10? Thanks.

I know from experience with the DVR fee credits that offers that are originally intended to last for two years can get extended. The $7 per month credit, which was originally listed as 24 months, ended up getting extended twice, and lasted a total of five years before Dish discontinued it. I do not know if Dish will do the same thing with the autopay credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)