EZ Way to Add an a 2nd HD TV to a 622?

dish prefers a "home node" device to combine ota signal and a tv2 since the two are in the same frequency randge and could interfere. or just wait 'till the 722k comes out in december. ota signal will be able to be viewed on tv2, just as in tv1. i'm sure you won't like the price though. i know i didn't.

Why?

dish prefers a "home node" device to combine ota signal and a tv2 since the two are in the same frequency randge and could interfere. or just wait 'till the 722k comes out in december. ota signal will be able to be viewed on tv2, just as in tv1. i'm sure you won't like the price though. i know i didn't.

Just cuz it's SD?

You can run you main set with the HDMI connection. Then it is possible to run a 5 wire component cable to the 2nd TV in bdrm. You can get the 5 wire cable at a good price at HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! You can get wall plates to mount the connectors using Leviton at Home Depot. They have a wall plate that has 6 ports on it. You then would be able to buy 5 RCA to RCA connectors on both plates for the component & you can get 1 coax barrel connector for both plates to run the TV ant or TV output split to the bdrm set. It's is some work but will give you HD at both your sets from 1 VIP622.

I really want to do this, but what about the remote? It does not work in the adjacent room.

It does if you run in Single Mode.

Maybe I am being dense or something. But if I am running single mode with HDMI to 1 tv and component to the 2nd which is in another room, how does remote 1 work in the second room? If I just walk in there with the remote, it doesn't change do anything.

EDIT: Duh, I just use the TV2 remote.

Last edited:
I'm doing this now (minus OTA because I can't get any signals). My 622 is in the bedroom. I ran a 75' HDMI cable to my 32" LCD in the family room thus always making it TV1.

In the bedroom, I have the component cable connected to a 26" LCD. I also have the composite video connected to this TV from TV2. Anytime I want to watch different programming, I switch the 622 into dual mode and select the composite input on the 26" LCD. It doesn't look too bad, but then again I don't do this very often.

I also have a UHF Pro 6.3 remote configured to run TV1 so I'm not hauling the TV2 remote back and forth. This setup works well for me.

It's easy but not cheap. Only if you have more money than brains like me. I used the component output of the 622 to a Sony Bravia wireless link to the new bedroom lcd. All is good except the wallet but I justified convenience versus the cost of a second receiver and having all dvr content in one place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)