F Connector signal loss?

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
If I use an inline F-Connector to connect 2 coax cables together will this connector itself reduce the quality of the signal or have any signal attenuation? If so by how much and should I be worried about it for a long cable run (200 feet)?

Dish to rcvr, Dish says no more than 250'. Some will say they can do longer. As far as barrels, which I think you are calling f connectors, dish says as few as possible. If only have 1 you should have no issues. It would be like having a wall plate.

andreny said:
What' the difference between a blue and a white (I guess) coupler.

The blue ones are high frequency and will hold up to the voltage output from the receiver. The white or clear ones will fail. Could take a day, could take a year, but it will fail. No doubt about it.

It's also the frequency capabilities, same as RG-59 cable. Blue barrels (and sometimes red) are rated to 2150MHz because DPP signal is upper range.

Installer would not give me the second 722, replacing 911 and adding to 622, without replacing all white barrels with blue.
The wall plates required reversing them to put nuts on the outside--done after he left. It was all working with whites, but....
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)