F1 races on SpeedHD not in 16:9 (but they are in D* and cable) WHY?

This is what I see. In the schedule, there is an "HD", but in the program description, there is not. I deleted the recent F1 races on the DVR with the Slingbox attached to it, so I can't show how a recorded program appears in "My Recordings"

sched1.png
sched2.png

I owe DodgerKing an apology for jumping all over him for pointing out that the first image I posted looked like Stretch-O-Vision. That's a completely valid observation - I think the reason I responded so aggressively was because I misinterpreted him to be claiming that F1 on Speed is 4x3. He never said that. To me, even Stretch-O-Vision is 16x9, it just happens to be 16x9 created by a non-linear stretch of 4x3, so I assumed posting a 1280x720 capture from my DVR that did not show pillarboxing was incontrovertible proof that F1 on SpeedHD is 16x9.

The image I posted demonstrates that to me, but it would not to others unless they knew that I was using an R5000-HD to capture the transport stream, rather than an analog capture device, and I didn't mention that's how I captured the image until my second post. In the Technical Forum it might be more commonly known that I've got an R5000-HD and use it to post screenshots, but not in the general forum.

So I apologize to DodgerKing for jumping all over him and being an a** in my follow-ups, as it was uncalled for. I still reserve the right to be an a** when someone is wrong though.

Thank you very much Buddyboy. I really appreciate those kinds words.:up

I too would like to apologize if I came off harsh or if it appeared that I was questioning your knowledge and expertize. You are very knowledgeable in this arena and have provided some very informative posts.

No hard feelings and keep up the good work. :up