F2V TV now on Roku as a public channel

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
For those that have been wanting to watch different diginets legally on the Roku, F2V TV is for you. Written permission has been given to Free to View TV to stream these channels. F2V TV has been a private channel for sometime. But apparently Roku has given the green light in their regular line up. It just has been added.

Yes. I had it in beta and it's been reliable. It has many stations normally found on OTA sunchannels.
Yes, I hope many that want diginets enjoy the channels. I also have had the channel for quite a while the Private sector. Some people do not know how to add a private channel and stay away from them. I am glad Roku added it to their main roster.

Roku to remove all private channels on February 23, 2022:​

You can't just build a private channel on ROKU
They have to allow it
Private only means its not in the channel store

ROKU has to provide the code to link the channel to their device

I would love to know what " certify" means

Speaking of which, Firestick is looking more attractive all the time. I might just get one to start comparing.

I bought my first Roku in 2014. I love it, but there are many things you cannot do with a Roku, like search engines, so I added Fire TV Sticks and a Chromecast.

Roku to remove all private channels on February 23, 2022:​

I do have a question or two. I have no idea how many of my old channels were/or private. Things have changed since 2014/15. That is when I added a lot of private channels. They were not in the public list. Some have gone, but I have no idea which ones were private and which ones are. Some like F2TV have moved to regular channels. In fact, I decided to check and add the F2 TV channel from the Roku list and it added. I ended up with both my old private version and the new one. They are both the same. So there is no way to know for sure which ones are private or not, unless I check out every channel in the channel list?

Reactions: TheKrell
I do have a question or two. I have no idea how many of my old channels were/or private. Things have changed since 2014/15. That is when I added a lot of private channels. They were not in the public list. Some have gone, but I have no idea which ones were private and which ones are. Some like F2TV have moved to regular channels. In fact, I decided to check and add the F2 TV channel from the Roku list and it added. I ended up with both my old private version and the new one. They are both the same. So there is no way to know for sure which ones are private or not, unless I check out every channel in the channel list?
Wait until they vanish, or stop working. OR, you can check if they are now in the Channel Store. If they are, they are legit. I prefer to wait.

Reactions: norman881

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)