Factory Reset gone bad!!!

Jeshue Archer

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Fl, 32703
I ignorantly did a factory reset on my receiver thinking that somehow it would solve the problems i had however it only made my problem worst. Now it seems that i need to almost reprogram certain frequencies which i do not know how to do. I know it has something to do with Editing the Tp in the antenna settings. I know i have to add a TP but i dont know how to go about doing that. I'm so angry at myself. I should have known better. Can anyone help me? what do i need to do to get 3abn back for my Grand Aunty. She is mad at me... Needless to say.
N.B. its a Fortecstar, Mercury II.

What receiver do you have?

If its the GeosatPro model (100, 200, 1100) when you do a factory reset the 1st screen asks for language and 2nd screen says "Glorystar" or "Advanced". If you select Glorystar that loads all the Glorystar approved channels in the receiver

Ouch. That is an oops. The Mercury II is not supported by OTA updates. Did you have anything programed in besides the Glorystar package?
If not, perhaps someone has kept theirs updated and could do a channel list update for you. Otherwise, as I recall (mine disappeared with a renter) you can blindscan and the new/changed channels show up at the end of the list. Deleting the extras is easier, imho than trying to add all the changes. Will not have the right numbers, but as I recall will work good.

As an added note: I gave my sister and husband 2 Mercury IIs, not purchased as Glorystar units, (used ebay), and did a blind scan and then took the Glorystar list and put the channels in that same order on both. I left the rest of the channels in the order they scanned at the end of the list. They were not in the same order, since they speak at least 9 languages between them, they wanted all the channels.
Anyway, the first 20 to 30 channels are what they use on a regular basis. It might have taken an hour to reprogram them all on each, or maybe an hour total, but it was not hard and worth the effort for the joy it has given them. In May, they found their Dish receiver was not working, at all. Investigating, they found it had been unplugged to plug in Christmas lights in November. They have since cancelled Dish!

If all Gramma wants is 3ABN (and the other stations on that transponder like LLBN, Dare to Dream, etc) here is how you add the transponder

1. menu
2. antenna setup
3. satellite should say one of the following (satellite names change all the time) Galaxy 25, Galaxy 19, IntelsatAmericas 5.....bascially look for the satellite that says 97.0W
4. press the blue button to add a transponder
5. Enter it as such
frequency 11842
polarity Horizontal symbol rate 22000
6. press OK to save
7. go back to main menu and select "TP scan"
8. find the transponder you just entered (11842 H 22000)
9. press green button to scan

You will now have 3ABN and its sister stations

If you want more than just that, I suggest (as pop did too) a power scan (blind scan). 1. From main page select power scan
2. select satellite
3. scroll down to start scan and hit OK.

It will scan about 250 channels in and you'll have to delete a bunch but it will have all the channels on the satellite loaded.

Good luck!

and an another BTW if they want most of the Glorystar channels add the 3ABN transponder (11842)as Iceberg said and TP scan it in First so the clock may work (may not). Then these should be already in the list, and personally I would TP scan in this order to reduce edit time, 12177; 11929; 12115; 11966; 12060. I think there are other station in the list on other transponders, but this will catch the main ones.

If I remember a Power Scan after this will not add these again, so if you wanted them all, a power scan after these would put the rest at the end.