Fake address to get the NY HD locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uquinn

Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I just got moved to temp assignment outside DC. The place already had a 3LNB dish installed, but I was told I needed a 5LNB to get the DC local HD feeds. With a 45 day wait to get new dish installed.

They would not give me the NY feed if my area had the locals already. Is there a fake zip code that I can feed them to receive the distant feed with the 3LNB dish?

Thanks.

I forgot to add... is there a zip code I can give in NY that will allow me to get locals with the 3LNB dish if that is easier.

If the install date it too far out (I'd imagine that it is) Why not look to someone locally to set it up for you ?

Jimbo

1st: that is a violation of your Terms

2nd: you can't just "give them a zip", you have to completely change your service address (not billing but service), street address and all. But, that means when they send the tech out with the new dish, they'll send him to the service address.

Like Jimbo said, see if a local company can setup up sooner.

This is a very easy "move" your only issue will be with the UPN and WB channels and other various spotbeam NY locals. You will get Ch 2, 4, 5 and 7 and those are the big 4. once your service is installed you can go online or call and let them know you need to update your service address. Works like a charm!

This is a very easy "move" your only issue will be with the UPN and WB channels and other various spotbeam NY locals. You will get Ch 2, 4, 5 and 7 and those are the big 4. once your service is installed you can go online or call and let them know you need to update your service address. Works like a charm!

Till you have an issue and need a tech to come out to the location to fix something, D& likes to have a tech out to the house for very basic things as well, like setting up another rec, or replacing one.
They will then be going to the WRONG location, what do you tell them at that point ?

Till you have an issue and need a tech to come out to the location to fix something, D& likes to have a tech out to the house for very basic things as well, like setting up another rec, or replacing one.
They will then be going to the WRONG location, what do you tell them at that point ?

Ya, you should NEVER move. It is against Terms of Service and there is absolutely no easy way around the issue Jimbo raises..... ;)

You cannot change you service address online, just your billing. You have to call them to change the service addy.

You cannot change you service address online, just your billing. You have to call them to change the service addy.

Unless something has changed in early 2007 I went to the contact us section and sent DTV an e mail online and within around 24-48 business hours they contacted me back alerting me my service address was updated.

The only down fall with "moving" is if you need a tech, but if something happens and you know you might need a tech then all you need to do is call them back and "move" it back to the real address. I "moved" 4 times over a 2 year period from my real address to my Aunt's NY address that I used for the "Move" and it worked like a charm.

Just had a service call to do a re-install cause my wiring was outdated- so installer moved me to apt B- single family home no apt B- no charge.

Unless something has changed in early 2007 I went to the contact us section and sent DTV an e mail online and within around 24-48 business hours they contacted me back alerting me my service address was updated.

The only down fall with "moving" is if you need a tech, but if something happens and you know you might need a tech then all you need to do is call them back and "move" it back to the real address. I "moved" 4 times over a 2 year period from my real address to my Aunt's NY address that I used for the "Move" and it worked like a charm.

Send an email is not the same as going online and clicking the "change my address" link. You can only change your billing address online.

Sending an email is talking to customer service and only THEY can change your service address.

We can nit-pick it if you want, but the bottom line is... only customer service can change the service address you will have to CONTACT them BY SOME METHOD. You can not do it by yourself. Satisfied?

Send an email is not the same as going online and clicking the "change my address" link. You can only change your billing address online.

Sending an email is talking to customer service and only THEY can change your service address.

We can nit-pick it if you want, but the bottom line is... only customer service can change the service address you will have to CONTACT them BY SOME METHOD. You can not do it by yourself. Satisfied?

We are splitting hairs here but I will agree that I used the wrong terminology in my description of how to do it online. You actually have to login to directv.com and then go to the contact us section and e mail customer service directly. So you can do it yourself online with out actually having to "call them", you can simply just go online and e mail them. My mistake for not being more specific. But yes, you can indeed do it online through the "contact us" section. You are looking at around 24-48 hours if you would rather not call them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)