Fan noise from the 625

RJS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Hazel Green, WI
I just had a 625 installed and while I'm happy with the unit, the fan noise is loud enough that I wonder if it is normal. I really can't hear much from the 508 on the other TV but the fan noise in the 625 is quite noticible, especially if there are quiet scenes on whatever channel I'm watching. It is slightly less than the volume of a small cooling fan running on low speed. If it is normal I can live with it since I like everything else about the 625 but if not, I should be calling Dish about it. You never know, the fan may be defective and therefore the unit itself may fail prematurely.

Do any of you other 625 owners have any fan noise complaints? :confused:

I definitely don't have a complaint with the 625 fan noise. (the only problem with it is the DVR bugs, but thats another story). I am pretty sure all 625's have that same fan noise and doesn't mean it is defective or something. Even when power for both TVs are off, I can still hear a quiet noise if I am close enough to the DVR. I have had my 625 for about six months and in most cases I don't mind the noise at all.

DVRs are combined computer/satellite receivers. Therefore have a computer like fan and hard drive. Depending on how quiet your room is and how close you are to the DVR, you will hear the noise from the fan and the hard drive. Also if you have never owned one before, these operating noises seem foreign. Like when you buy any new appliance. It takes a while to adapt to the normal operating sounds.

Last edited:
bnewt said:
Is the 625 fan noise more than the 508? I hope not, because I wanted to upgrade to the 625 this spring, but I can't tolerate a lot of noise.

Mine is louder than my 508 but even now I am getting used to it. I just wanted to check if it was normal or if it was just mine doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts