Far away installers? ND Voomers?

brn81

Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
I just ordered VOOM a couple days ago online! I called to confirm my install date today and I asked about getting an earlier date. The guy tried calling my installer, but they didn't answer, so the Voom rep gave me the installer's name/number directly. The installer (according to his phone #) lives almost 4 hours away though! I realize VOOM outsources installation, but is it usual that the installers are so spread out? I suppose it's because I'm in a low population state (North Dakota). Also, any other Voomers in ND? I'm in Fargo by the way.

-Brad

I live in Noblesville Indiana just North of Indianapolis and my installer worked for Adant Wireless in Chicago! He drove to my home from another install for 136 miles, one way and completed the job in the dark @ 9:30 PM. My Wife figured it would be after midnight before he got home! Don't understand why they wouldn't have just sub-contracted to a Indianapolis Firm, but they didn't. Happy with VOOM!

they travel!

My installer came 105 miles one way for my install. (central Wyoming) Looks like he was the only one even close. They must be getting mileage and travel time. It was his first install and it too about 4.5 hours. Works just fine.

Not intending to change the thread but my installer is comming 2 hours away, and I was wondering if Vooms sat is higher or lower than Dish Networks sats. I live in northern IN and I dont want them to come all that way for no line of sight.

Adant is doing my install.

Northern Minnesota - Long Distance Install

Sorry, i am not in North Dakota, but I have an Install scheduled for June 21st and I suspect he/she will be coming from Grand Forks or Fargo. That would be a 3-4+ drive one way. I line in Northern MN on the Canadian border, right on Lake of the Woods.

I have a buddy in town that is also having it installed on the 18th. That would be two long drives in three days. I dont know why they didnt schedule them the same day. I am curious to see if he can get OTA from Grand Forks. I seriously doubt it.

Warren in MN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)