OTA Receiver Question

pandawoods

Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
I'm supposed to be getting VOOM installed this week, though the installer doesn't think it's now possible due to the high demand causing an equipment shortage. Anyway, I spoke to him about the antenna he's providing for the OTA channels. He said the Stealth model was the standard. When I told him I needed a larger antenna because of distance from the stations, he said I could purchase a larger one, but that the Stealth was the only one he'd install for free. I was under the impression that the installer was supposed to provide, FOR FREE, whatever antenna would pull in the OTA channels in my area. Am I wrong, or can I expect to pay for an antenna upgrade? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can try calling Voom and getting them to add another antenna to the orginal work order. Otherwise you will have to wait until after the install to call Voom back and get an upgraded antenna. you will need to know what kind of OTA antenna to ask for in your area. I have gotten upgraded to a Channelmaster 4228.

call 1-800-get-voom and let them know how far you are from the station and they will approve a upgraded antenna.

Of the ones I have put in, VOOM won't budge until it is put in. I have called several times notifying them that I am doing a job far from the towers and they have told me and the customer they won't do anything till its installed. You can try, but don't expect too much. Also, I did one where the dish was only 10 miles from the towers. We got all but two channels, because he was in REALLY deep forest. Called VOOM after the install and told them the situation and they said that cause he was so close to the towers, they wouldn't upgrade his antenna. So, we moved it to another spot on the roof and got one more station, but the owner eventually bought one on his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts